Your combination of people skills and technical expertise makes you the team hero, solving one problem after another. What if you could use those skills to improve the technology supporting the DoD? We’re looking for a systems administrator to support a Network Operations Center (NOC) for a premiere DoD executive communications agency. As a junior systems administrator on the team, you will help the NOC provide 24x7 network administrative support, including scheduling hardware and software installations and upgrades and maintaining them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures.
As a junior systems administrator on our project, you’ll will interface with Tier I support and end users to understand network issues and relay all necessary information to ensure that issues can be resolved at a Tier II or escalated to senior engineers to resolve at a Tier III or Tier IV level. You’ll learn how to help customers overcome tough challenges through monitoring and performance management. You’ll analyze problem areas and opportunities for improvement in a mission critical network. You’ll to combine your technical experience with communication skills as you turn metrics into information and communicate their meaning. This is an opportunity to gain experience in monitoring a redundant, multi-classification enterprise network. We focus on growing as a team, so we’ll share techniques, work through challenges, and develop new methodologies together. Join our team and solve daily challenges as we improve executive communications across the DoD.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 2+ years of experience with working in a network operation environment
- 2+ years of experience in working with Tier II support and comprehending incident management workflow
- 2+ years of experience with working in test and evaluation
- Knowledge of systems testing and evaluation tools
- Ability to support shift work in a 24x7x365 NOC environment
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- HS diploma or GED and 4+ years of experience with systems administration or network operations support
- DoD 8570.01-M or 8140 IAT II Certification, including Security+
- Experience with system administration and DevOps
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills
- Possession of excellent organization and interpersonal skills
- AA or AS degree in IT, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field preferred; BA or BS degree a plus
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Engineering & Science University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, onsite courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.