- Implement programs and procedures to assure the compliance of the company’s domestic construction site with applicable federal, state and local environmental regulations.
- Supervise job environmental process and address any potential violations and concerns.
- Implement programs, procedures and policies to assure proper environmental monitoring and management.
- Assist supervisors, managers and others in obtaining and maintaining environmental permits.
- Assist engineering and operations management in planning for compliance of new and modified processes and operations with environmental regulations.
- Oversee the drafting and preparation of permit applications and application renewal in compliance with environmental regulations.
- Participate in environmental issue investigations, overseeing reporting and implementation of corrective actions.
- Develop and implement environmental training programs.
- Implement community right-to-know programs relative to the project’s compliance with environmental regulations and standards.
- Significant demonstrated experience related to the areas of responsibility for environmental compliance for major transportation construction projects or similar is a plus but not necessary
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, biology, or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of industry experience in environmental compliance, working knowledge of environmental codes and standards
- CPESC Certification is a plus
- ISO 14000 certifications is a plus
- Detail oriented, flexible, and highly motivated
- Strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Effective time management and organizational skills with the ability to perform multiple tasks efficiently and accurately
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be team player but able to work independently to meet intense deadlines, goals and objectives
As one of North America's largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2017 revenues of $8.7 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, Mexico and Australia through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 22,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built in to every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
- Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
- Consistently recognized as one of the best places to work in North America and in 2015, named one of Fortune’s Most Admired Companies
- Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from day one of employment
- 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent
- Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days paid time off each year
- We spend an average of $8,500 per employee each year on training and career development, and reimburse up to $5,250 per year in outside tuition costs
Kiewit is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.