To assist locally in the operations of Sound Physicians in providing management services to the hospitalist program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the point of contact between Sound Physicians, the hospital, and the physicians as it relates to administrative functions (team scheduling, meetings, paperwork, calendar, etc).
- Handle the incoming calls, mail, and faxes including home health agency orders and pharmacy calls. They must be sorted, filtered and distributed for the care providers so that priority items get a proper response.
- Create and distribute the hospitalist schedule.
- Consistently role model the highest level of customer service to all Sound Physician customers.
- Support the Chief Hospitalist of the Sound Program in scheduling meetings and ensuring attendance for hospital. This includes team meetings, hospital committee meetings, Joint Operating Committee meetings, and community outreach meetings. Room reservation and food service should be provided as appropriate. Also, keep meeting minutes at team functions.
- Work with the personnel at our Hospital clients to track committee membership and attendance record for team physicians on various assigned committees.
- Support Medical Director, Chief Hospitalist and Sound recruiter in scheduling physician interviews and related logistics.
- Assure on-boarding logistics are in place for new physicians.
- Provide on-site coordination and facilitation for credentialing and privileging of the hospitalists.
- Follow-up with our Hospital client staff office to make sure the physicians have pagers, keys, and badges before work and that the pager number is available to the hospital units.
- Assist Sound’s Coding department when medical records need to be pulled for verification.
- Keep an updated contact list of the hospitalists, and forward appropriate correspondence.
- Order office supplies through the Sound on-line Staples system. This includes general supplies, business cards, toner cartridges, and various other items.
- Forward billing queries, deficient records notices, death certificates requiring signature, and other medical records information to the appropriate physician to facilitate their completion.
- Support Chief Hospitalist and HRN to forward patient care, staff, and other concerns and issues from outside the program to the Regional Chief Medical Officer and Regional Director of Operations to be handled appropriately by them.
- Support HRNs as directed and required.
- Assist hospitalists with making sure they have access to the hospital and Sound computer systems and can get to records to which they will need access.
- Support the Regional Medical Director and Regional Director of Operations in any special projects for the hospitalists as directed and required including:
o development of program manual for team physicians
o collection of relevant data to measure physicians for Quarterly Business Reviews (ie percent of discharge summaries dictated within 48 hours)
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, TRAINING, OR SPECIAL LICENSES/CERTIFICATIONS:
- Must be able to travel (drive via car) to various sites within the region
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Hospital or physician group management experience preferred
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, diplomacy, and good judgment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Client service oriented (both internal and external)
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of organization
- Strong interpersonal skills able to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
o Advanced knowledge of MS Excel
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
1-2 years Healthcare customer service
2-3 years Medical Office staff or Medical Group Management
2-3 years working in Hospital Setting