CACI is currently looking for a JIRA Specialist with agile methodology experience to join our BEAGLE (Border Enforcement Applications for Government Leading-Edge Information Technology) Agile Solution Factory (ASF) Team supporting Customs and Border Protection (CBP) client located in Northern Virginia! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the best practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
As a member of the BEAGLE ASF Team, you will support the men and women charged with safeguarding the American people and enhancing the Nation’s safety, security, and prosperity. CBP agents and officers are on the front lines, every day, protecting our national security by combining customs, immigration, border security, and agricultural protection into one coordinated and supportive activity.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
The candidate will provide support in all areas/capabilities of the Atlassian/JIRA system for a variety of initiatives. Must be able to possess and apply expertise on multiple complex work assignments, which may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to efficiently accomplish tasks, and will contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable. Must have a strong IT background, preferably with knowledge based on supporting large programs, and strong organizational skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task. Must be able to setup, maintain, and evolve Atlassian suite of systems. This position is responsible for ensuring that all assigned work activities are performed in a timely and cost-effective manner while maintaining the highest quality of performance. This position will also support other program operation functions.
What you’ll get to do:
Serves as a JIRA Specialist who will be responsible for:
- Perform administration and configuration of JIRA and Confluence to maximize efficiency in using the tool, including the management of the application and server database, data backups, and scheduled jobs.
- Perform basic Linux and Windows Server administration tasks.
- Develop metrics, dashboards, reports and advanced filters to provide leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports.
- Create Confluence spaces and permission schemes
- Create and customize JIRA projects, workflows, screen schemes, custom fields, permission schemes and notification schemes to meet business needs.
- Onboard new teams to JIRA and help existing teams optimize their workflows
- Provide user management, formal and informal training, and support for JIRA, as needed
- Apply and maintain built-in customization and third-party add-ons to extend JIRA / Confluence functionality, as needed.
- Analyze, review, and document current functionality to determine potential areas of improvement.
- Identify, test and provide recommendations for using new plugins to meet project requirements
- Develop custom scripts using Atlassian Add-ons
- Analyze requests for new JIRA functionality, implement new features, triage incoming support requests and handle or route appropriately
- Collaborates with stakeholders to gather requirements for new JIRA projects and enhancements
- Performs maintenance of JIRA servers
- Provides ideas for using JIRA more efficiently to meet business needs
- Manage multiple responsibilities with tight deadlines.
- Keep JIRA administration and JIRA users guide up to date. Required Skills
- Expertise in Jira and Confluence administration, with at least 3 years of experience working with Atlassian products.
- Experience in performing Atlassian installations, upgrades, and migrations, as well as Integration experience on JIRA and confluence with plugins and development.
- Deep system administration knowledge (Linux and Windows).
- Good understanding of SDLC and release management.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience working with highly technical teams in an AGILE environment.
Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to pass CBP background investigation, criteria includes, but not limited to:
3 year check for felony convictions
1 year check for illegal drug use
1 year check for misconduct such as theft or fraud
College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline.
Two (2) to five (5) years of work experience developing JIRA portals (Atlassian suite) and related technologies.
You are good at:
Experience in performing Atlassian (ex:
JIRA software/Confluence/Align) installations, configuration and migrations
Experience creating JIRA plugins, scripts and reports
Experience using Jira REST APIs for integration with other tools
Familiarity with the general IT practices and terminology
Familiar working in an Agile environment
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Highly responsible, team-oriented individual with very strong work ethic; self-starter
Bonus would be having:
Advanced Agile and Scrum Master skills/experience
Ability to write custom JQL
Ability to contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas.
Experience working on unusually complicated problems and providing creative solutions, exhibiting resourcefulness.
Periodically develops data which goes beyond existing boundaries of information in field.
Acts independently to expose and resolve problems.
What We Can Offer You:
We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.