Scope Corporate FLSA Status Exempt
Department Administration Position Type Full-Time
Reports To Director, Human Resources Direct Reports No
Requisition Date June 2018 Hours Monday-Friday
DecoPac, Inc. is a high growth, high-energy company that designs, markets and distributes the most popular cake
decorations and bakery supplies in the bakery industry. Located in Anoka, MN we sell and distribute our products to all
supermarkets, retail bakeries, and ice cream stores throughout North America.
Seeking a highly motivated, results-oriented Human Resources professional with strong interpersonal skills, the ability to
think strategically, flawlessly execute and build lasting relationships. The HR Manager will provide coordinated tactical and
strategic human resources solutions to the organization in support of the Company’s business objectives, including driving
employee engagement and support Company growth.
- Works with HR and leadership team to create and maintain a positive, successful, and compliant recruitment
and onboarding process that leads to overall retention and attainment of company goals in a time sensitive
- Partners with leadership team utilizing metrics and analysis compiled to recommend procedures to reduce
absenteeism, turnover, and unnecessary costs to the organization and retain a high quality and engaged
- Partners with leadership team to investigate employee concerns or complaints, and recommends actions to
- Administers performance review program to ensure alignment to our core company values and culture.
Provides tools to the leadership team to assure performance programs are effective, compliant, and equitably
delivered throughout the organization, and aligned to company goals.
- Implements and annually updates the compensation and merit program to ensure compliance and equity
within organization; rewrites job descriptions as necessary; conducts annual salary surveys and develops
merit pool (salary budget); analyzes compensation; monitors the performance evaluation program and revises
- Develops, recommends and implements policies and procedures; prepares and maintains employee
handbook and ensures consistent adherence to company policies and procedures. Creates and executes
communication plan and education related to policies, procedures, and other changes necessary for
- Responsible for benefits administration (communication, claims and processing resolution, compliance,
internal audit adherence and compilation, and wellness initiatives).
- Manage worker’s compensation, FMLA and leave of absence to assure compliance while utilizing tools that
lower claim costs, improve the overall safety of the organization, and increases attendance and retention
rates. Coordinates and manages regular worker’s compensation claims review and return to work program.
- Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance to all Federal/State employment labor laws and consults with
outside legal counsel as needed to determine appropriate course of action.
- Develops effective strategies to achieve organizational goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field, and a minimum of 5+ years of experience in a
Human Resource Management position, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective counseling, negotiating and conflict management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and be able to effectively communicate with all levels
within the company
- Must be detail oriented, work well under pressure, and have the ability to multi task and manage changing
- Proven customer service and problem resolution skills
- Proven experience utilizing resourcefulness, professionalism, initiative, and motivation to achieve
- Knowledge of Federal and State regulations pertaining to employment
- Working knowledge and experience with HRIS systems and ability to leverage systems to facilitate
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills
and ADP skills.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- CP/PHR or SCP/SPHR Certification preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk and/or hear, and/or use hands to
fingers, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk. The
employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds while moving files or small packages. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The mental and physical requirements
described here are representative of those that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential
functions of this position. Mental Demands consist of frequently interpret data, make decisions, organize, problem solve,
and time management.
Work is performed in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounter while performing the
essential functions of this position.
Employee is expected to follow all Company safety programs. Signature below constitutes employee's understanding of the
functions, requirements, and expectations of the position. It is further understood that due to the ever-changing nature of
food requirements and business conditions, this job description may change accordingly. I agree to report any food safety
concerns, including a food package that is open for any reason, to my supervisor. This document does not create an
employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at-will” relationship.
Employee Name ______________________________________
Employee Signature ___________________________________ Date _____________