We would like to invite local Bloggers, Reporters, and Journalists to our HobokenLife News & Lifestyle editorial team. Our main website covers Hoboken NJ News, Lifestyle, Events, Food, Drink, Music, Nightlife, Arts, Entertainment, Health, and Fitness.
- 300-600 words per article/blog post
- At least 1 feature image (800x600 px min.). Note: Writer's own images is preferred. When possible, a photographer on the team will be able to shoot photos for the article/blog post. or Images can be selected from a stock image database. * Photos from the internet must have Creative Commons rights and have proper source attribution.
- Can work with our collaboration tool (Asana) to select available/tentative article topics from list
- Can collaborate with other writers and photographers
- Can create their own topics based on Hoboken, community, yearly events and trends. We encourage writers to pitch their own topics and ideas.
- Is capable of researching/investigating the topic/category selected to write about
- Can write with an upbeat positive tone
- Can research SEO keywords for posts
- Can publish directly to our publishing platform (Wordpress)
Categories full list: arts, attractions, business, drink, entertainment, family, fashion, finance, food, health, wellness, jobs, lifestyle, living, money, music, news, nightlife, real estate, science, special events, sports, startups, tech, things to do, weather, world.
- Lives in the area and can attend local events to write about
- Lives in the area and can visit local businesses (Restaurants, Fitness Clubs, ect.) for reviews
- Can network with local community and social media leaders
- Can follow current events in the area
Some of the Perks:
- Attend exclusive events
- Become a local Influencer
- Be part of a local brand
- Preferred: Degree with a focus on digital journalism, creative writing, digital media, business communications, or communication arts.
- Strong command of written English
- Proven experience with blogging and content development is required
- Video production skills a plus
- Excellent writing skills to communicate with a local audience in a compelling manner
- Ability to creatively write content based on local trends and happenings for a local audience
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Superior interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and driven to deliver superior performance
- Strong problem-solving skills to innovatively overcome constraints
- A desire to learn and excel in a fast-paced environment
- A sense of humor preferred
Must submit a cover letter.
Job Types: Part-time, Internship
- Digital Media/Business Communications: 1 year (Preferred)
- Journalism: 1 year (Preferred)