“We care for people, so they can be their best.” Care is at the heart of our business, and it’s this distinct guest experience that makes Hyatt one of the world’s best hospitality brands. Here at the Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center, we are currently seeking an experienced, passionate, and proactive Night Auditor who will effectively meet our hotel goals while also providing excellent customer service to our guests in conjunction with other departments.
This is an overnight position, and shifts are typically 11:00 pm – 7:00 am, but occupancy levels may require you to work overtime.
- Prior cash handling experience necessary.
- Prior hotel front desk experience is preferred.
- High School graduate or G.E.D. equivalent.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other employees.
- Read, write and speak English fluently.
- Six months customer service experience (hotel experience preferred).
- Computer literate; working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Prior experience with Opera and Reserve systems is a plus.
- Must pass a credit background check.
- Provide excellent customer service to guests in person, via email, and over the phone.
- Maintain communication with other shifts so that all agents are on the same page.
- Communicate with other departments to fulfill guest needs.
- Check guests in and out.
- Monitor status of guest accounts.
- Report all unsafe conditions immediately.
- Ensure that all charges of the day have been properly posted to the appropriate guest folio or master account.
- Ensure that all food and beverage outlets have been balanced and zeroed out.
- Ensure that all front office charges, and miscellaneous charges and adjustments have been posted and balanced out.
- Ensure that all guest charges have been balanced and all appropriate reports have been run and all supporting documentation is attached to the appropriate reports.
- Post room and tax to each guest folio.
- Review and analyze all adjustments.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Follow checklist for required duties and timelines.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor to include cross training.
- CUSTOMER SERVICE: Meet service quality standards that affect guest satisfaction; respond to guest questions or problems in a timely, professional manner.
- WORK HABITS: Meet the hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, attendance, and punctuality; report to work and return from breaks on time; give advance notice when absence is anticipated; require typical amount of supervision; accept work assignments without complaints.
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT: Accept opportunities to learn new skills, improve performance or cross-train for other hotel positions; solve routine problems that occur on the job; ask questions when not sure how to complete something; learn new skills as quickly as most others in the same job.
- SAFETY AND SECURITY: Be alert to hazards and responsible in carrying out hotel’s safety, security, and emergency procedures; suggest ways to improve safety conditions that reduce or prevent accidents and injuries; participate on safety committee or other special projects for safety; actively seek and report potential security risks or hazardous conditions.
- FRONT DESK OPERATIONS: Follow the hotel’s recommended guest arrival and departure procedures; understanding of computer-based front desk systems is sufficient to perform the primary responsibilities of the job; answer guests’ questions about the hotel services and amenities.
- NIGHT AUDIT PROCEDURES: Follow proper audit procedures to balance the hotel’s daily revenue and expense transactions; make few errors in the balancing process; identify the causes of out-of-balance situations in a timely manner; produce various reports for management; take initiative to correct errors to prevent reoccurrence.
Job Type: Full-time
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)