Texas Star Hospice has a PRN opportunity for an experienced Chaplain to work with our dedicated interdisciplinary team in Bedford Texas. We are seeking a motivated and experienced Chaplain who will be responsible for coordination and delivery of spiritual counseling to patients and/or family members. The schedule will be flexible.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides spiritual counseling, prayer and worship for patients and their families, as appropriate to their needs and desires.
- Assesses spiritual needs of assigned patients, completes a comprehensive spiritual assessment and individualized Plan of Care for each patient and family within five calendar days of admission.
- Documents counseling and other services provided in the medical record.
- Offers patients of different philosophies and religious perspective an opportunity to discuss their thoughts, feelings, beliefs and values in a safe, non-judgmental atmosphere.
- Makes reasonable efforts to arrange for visits of clergy and other members of religious organizations in the community to patients who request such visits and advises all patients of this opportunity.
- Plans and conducts memorial and funeral services for Hospice Community Care of Texas patient’s families as indicated and appropriate.
- Provides educational information and in-services on hospice services and spiritual care to staff, referral sources, and community groups as requested.
- Attends agency sponsored education & in-service training.
- Participates as a member of the Core IDG.
- Participate in Quality Assessment & Performance Improvement activities as appropriate and as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent.
- A minimum of two units of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE).
- A minimum of two years of counseling experience, preferably in a health care setting.