The Supply Chain Sustainable Solutions internship student at Cox is considered to be an integral part of the Cox Conserves team where they are provided with projects / tasks that will challenge their visionary leadership, academic aptitude and interpersonal skills. They work under the guidance of senior leaders of the Supply Chain organization, will attend team meetings, and will conduct weekly report outs to their leader on status / progress / roadblocks.
This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic individual, who is willing to learn new skills, hone existing skills, and think outside-the-box to deliver real-world organizational benefits and improvements that enhance lives in the communities we serve and operate.
Projects/Assignments may include but are not limited to the following:
1. Develop and implement an environmental impact model to capture and promote the environmental impacts of transaction and waste-reduction projects.
2. Lead projects supporting our goal of Zero Waste to Landfill by 2024, including but not limited to communication/signage design, usability testing, and material flow and impact analyses in locations across the country.
3. Attend and participate in team meetings and functions, including remote meetings across several geographically diverse teams.
Attributes/Skills we seek:
1. Strong desire to learn
2. Passion for Sustainability
3. Understanding of the business opportunities that sustainability offers
4. Customer-focused attitude
5. Self-motivation and accountability
6. Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
1. Currently enrolled in a related degree program such as Supply Chain, Project Management, Sustainability, Environmental Science, Communications, Marketing or other related degree program
2. Internship position is located in Phoenix, AZ; Cox Communications does not provide a housing allowance.
One or more of the following
1. Microsoft Project and Excel experience
2. Exposure to Supply Chain / Finance / Sustainability / Asset Recovery / Financial and Data Analysis
3. Demonstrated understanding and dedication to environmental sustainability
4. Business / process documentation experience
5. General understanding of business statistics
6. Willingness to travel, as needed
About Cox Communications
Cox Communications is a broadband communications and entertainment company, providing advanced digital video, Internet, telephone and home security and automation services over its own nationwide IP network. The third-largest U.S. cable company, Cox serves approximately 6 million residences and businesses. Cox Business is a facilities-based provider of voice, video and data solutions for commercial customers, and Cox Media is a full-service provider of national and local cable spot and digital media advertising. Cox is known for its pioneering efforts in broadband, voice and commercial services, industry-leading customer care and its outstanding workplaces. For nine years, Cox has been recognized as the top operator for women by Women in Cable Telecommunications; Cox has ranked among DiversityInc's Top 50 Companies for Diversity 11 times. More information about Cox Communications, a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, is available at www.cox.com and www.coxmedia.com .
Organization: Cox Communications, Inc.
Primary Location: US-AZ-Phoenix-1550 W Deer Valley Rd
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 5 % of the Time
Unposting Date: Ongoing