Junior Audio Visual Autocad Designers
To apply, please go to:
An AutoCAD designer will work with the engineering team and will be responsible for generating drawings that use AutoCAD software. They use hand sketches to create original drawings and design specifications from the concept to the completion of the task.
- Basic Elevations: Plasma mount locations including outlet and AV signal box locations.
- AV Electrical: Floor plan diagrams locating floor box(s), AV junction box, A/C power, voice/data, microphone, AV rack, speaker and AV signal cable locations and requirements.
- As built: Receive “redlined” drawings from techs and incorporate changes into associated drawings to create final “as built” drawings.
- Rack Layouts: Plan rack layouts using best practices guidelines as well as practical considerations.
- Block Diagrams: Help develop conceptual block diagrams for use in sales proposals.
- System Schematics: Develop system schematic drawings to be used by technicians to build systems. These will include signal flow and connector type.
- Working with the engineering team to create drawing standards, custom block, and standard display elevations.
- Power specifications for audio-visual equipment, calculation of equipment BTU, and cooling/ventilation specifications for equipment.
- You are creating documentation showing the placement of cut-outs within millwork for proper installation of audiovisual equipment such as; cable cubbies, and microphones within the furniture.
- Screen layouts: Work with programmers to develop touch screen layouts for control systems.
- Projection studies: Develop projection studies including proper lens requirements for system displays.
Professional Skills and Abilities
- The ability to communicate system parameters to technicians and programmers, get feedback from them as to what works and what does not. Collaborate with architects on projects, to develop project specifications on room designs such as; lighting specifications, acoustic treatments, and window treatments.
- Accepting personal responsibility for Client Satisfaction
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships
- Be flexible to off-hour setup or support requests
- Adapting to physical redeployment for backup purposes
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and often independently
- Direct telephone interaction with user community and business unit professionals
- Staying abreast of advances and trends in the video conferencing & audiovisual industry
Kinly is an EEO/Protected Veteran/Disabled
Disclaimer: This job description outlines the general nature and key features performed by various positions that share the same job classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of all employees assigned to the job. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or re-assign duties to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodations or other business reasons.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.50 to $22.00 /hour
- Drafting: 1 year (Required)
- Audio Visual: 1 year (Preferred)
- AutoCAD: 1 year (Required)
- CAD: 1 year (Required)
- Cedar Knolls, NJ (Preferred)