Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance(level 6) and Must be a US citizen or green card holder
- Install, configure, manage and troubleshoot Palo Alto and Cisco Firewalls.
- Maintain and administer perimeter security systems such as firewalls and intrusion detection systems.
- Responsible for ongoing configuration changes, monitoring and maintenance for Palo Alto
- Understand and familiar with processes like change management, revision control, and automation.
- Help in troubleshooting customer’s network security issues.
- Research industry best practices and make recommendations
- Create configuration and installation documents
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills, be a team player and willing to learn.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline OR CCIE certification, written and practical exam, in at least one of the following areas of specialization:
- Service Provider, Routing & Switching, Data Centre, Security or Wireless.
- This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of experience in service provider networking
- Palo Alto Networks Certified Network Security Engineer 7 (PCNSE7) certification.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance (Level 6)
- Install and maintain firewall technologies such as: Palo Alto and Cisco ASAs.
- Have knowledge in VPN, VRF, MPLS, and network routing.
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Need good oral and written communications skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Should have experience with Internet technologies and networking
- Assist on other projects and operational issues
- Requires 10% travel within the tri-states area in DMV.
- Support the 24/7 NOC operations and be available for on-call duties on a rotating basis
- Drive around in local area to various buildings, be able to safely lift, move, rack and install equipment up to 60 lbs.
- Network protocol captures and analysis (i.e. wireshark, netflow, etc.)
- Experience with Linux, Windows, MAC
Job Category Palo Alto Security Engineer
Duration 6+ Months
Job Location Bethesda, MD