Johnson & Johnson Consumer Incorporated, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for a Project Manager, Packaging located in Lititz, PA.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies touches more than a billion people’s lives each day through our health care products and services, our corporate giving, and the volunteer efforts of our employees. The Johnson & Johnson Group of Consumer Companies develop and market beloved brands that address the needs of consumers and health care professionals worldwide. Our portfolio ranges across several distinct business units: Baby Care, Oral Care, Compromised Skin Care, Beauty, Feminine Care, and Over-The-Counter (OTC) products.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Packaging Automation PM will deliver innovation through projects. Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific local projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This includes securing appropriate internal and external resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver projects according to plan. The major focus of this role is associated with design and installation of manufacturing lines and process equipment used for the Packaging Automation of Johnson & Johnson consumer products.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform a variety of engineering projects associated with Packaging Equipment and Line Installation in addition to acquiring and installing process equipment such as Cartoners, Bundlers, Stackers, AGVs, Plletizers, Labellers, etc.
- Utilize a wide range of engineering principles; lead technical teams to develop, implement and maintain the project lifecycle roadmap in support of specific projects.
- Act as advocate for Innovation, continuous improvement of technology in partnership with Global Platforms and COE’s.
- Serve as technical expert regarding changes/improvements/CIPs and sustainability.
- Work at an advanced technical expertise level involving planning, development and design of equipment and processes that support new products, process improvements and risk management.
- Review progress and evaluate results of multiple projects across various disciplines.
- Coordinate teams of engineers and/or technicians as necessary to achieve project completion.
- Facilitate and conduct engineering assignments involving projects of major magnitude and scope.
- Take a leading position in activities involved with outside engineering vendors from the beginning of the design process through feasibility and start-up processes.
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation.
- Quality Assurance.
- Adhere to environmental policy and procedures and support department environmental objectives.
- Project support includes overall design, design for manufacturing, test method development, and product verification and validation testing.
- Deep Experience on FDA regulated environments.
- Meet all mobility demands to perform duties and/or fulfill responsibilities of the job.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required; with a focused degree in an engineering discipline preferred.
- MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience managing capital projects is required, ranging $1~$10mm
- Proven Engineering project management experience is required.
- Experience in a union environment is preferred.
- Highly automated manufacturing environment experience is preferred (300 bpm+)
- Knowledge of liquids filling and mixing is preferred.
- Knowledge of packaging is preferred.
- Vendor relations/management is preferred.
- Experience with equipment qualification, validation, and IQ/OQ is preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma/Process Excellence tools or certification is preferred.
- PMP certification is preferred.
- Professional Engineering License is preferred.
- This position is located in Lititz, PA, and may require up to 10% travel both domestically and internationally.
J & J Consumer Inc. (6101)