- Formulate and supervise the development of strategic tourism marketing plans and programs supporting the objectives, policies and guidelines of the Hawai‘i State Plan for the tourism industry, including HTA’s strategic plan.
- Formulate and maintain a comprehensive marketing plan in targeted global markets that support the sustainable management of Hawai‘i’s tourism industry, while considering community values and resident sentiment.
- Develop an analysis, as well as sales initiatives, to market Hawai‘i for leisure and business travel and be able to present HTA’s plan to the public, including legislative testimony.
- Collaborate with industry partners and contracted marketing partners to optimize Hawai‘i’s position as a destination for leisure and business travel.
- Oversee and evaluate all contracts related to marketing programs or projects using government funding.
- Extensive knowledge of tourism marketing, advertising, product development and other strategic promotional practices.
- Bachelor of Arts degree in business, travel industry management, marketing, communications or related field.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience in travel, communications, advertising or marketing.
- Senior level manager with supervisory experience and development of employee responsibilities.
HTA is an equal opportunity employer.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please carefully review the qualifications and submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements by August 24, 2018.
Job Type: Full-time