** Relocation to Alaska Required **
Would you like to experience life in rural Alaska? You'll have the opportunity to make a big difference in small coastal Native American communities as a teacher with a public school district. You'll live surrounded by Alaska's natural beauty and a lifestyle that's unlike anything found in the Continental United States.
Whether you have years of classroom experience or if this will be your first year teaching, there might be a place for you in western Alaska. These positions are open to brand new teachers who just recently graduated from college, and experienced teachers who are simply looking for something a little different.
This is a public school opportunity. The salary range is between USD $51,000-$80,000, based on educational credentials and experience. The District also subsidizes housing and airfare.
Our client is looking to hire U.S. state certified teachers the 2023 - 2024 school year (ASAP start date). Out-of-state certification is accepted, with a straightforward license transfer process. The school district is well supplied with the most up to date technology.
The positions are for:
- Special Education - K to 12
This is a great opportunity to make a change, teach in a totally new setting, and save money - and if you are happy in Alaska, you're also encouraged to stay on longer one year and make Alaska your home.
- A competitive salary of USD $51,000-$80,000 annually
- Pay increases gained with each year of seniority
- The school district will help you secure housing (and subsidize it!)
- Housing is pet friendly!
- A unique chance to help small coastal communities make sure their children receive a quality education without having to leave their home towns for schools in larger regional centers
Contract length: 10 months
Start Date: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 - $80,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Relocation assistance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- This job requires relocation to Alaska. Are you able to relocate to Alaska?
- Will you be relocating by yourself or with a partner/dependent(s)?
- What subject and grades are you certified to teach?
- teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- teaching license (Required)
Work Location: In person