Administration & Clerical
Job Posting Date:
Jul 11, 2018, 5:07:35 PM
Under moderate supervision responsible for coordinating all aspects of daily office activity, which requires accuracy, speed, timeliness and discretion. Incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the work flow of the office, which includes handling of sensitive information and following-up on various action items. This requires judgment and tact, as well as the ability to analyze situations and assess the sensitivity and urgency of the matter. Prioritizing of workload is extremely important.
- Assist in the facilitation of presentations and books for all Emerson required meetings, i.e. President’s Council, Profit Review, Perfect Execution and other Corporate Reviews, etc.
- Maintain executive’s calendar (resolving double bookings when needed), schedule meetings, and arrange for food and refreshments for in-house meetings and conferences.
- Arrange Handling all necessary arrangements for domestic and international travel, meetings and conferences, including itineraries, transportation, hotel accommodations, meeting rooms, visa/passport requirements and other travel logistics.
- Anticipate and foresee possible interruptions in all logistics (like corporate business reviews) and prepare accordingly to minimize obstacles.
- Maintaining filing system and complying with the Company’s Record Retention Program, sing discretion and maintain confidentiality to sensitive files, org charts, information and reports and ensure security of files.
- Compose correspondence involving sensitive, confidential, and/or technical subject matter.
- Research and compile supporting data for managerial reports and analyses, and responsible for distribution of those reports.
- Prioritizing incoming mail and other communications, and route to appropriate parties.
- Plan and coordinate off-site meetings as required, including site location and all logistics.
- Preparing expense reports for client group.
- Scheduling Webex and conference calls and the President’s global communication webcasts.
- Reviewing appropriation requests, requisitions, legal documents and other forms prior to executive approval.
- Aid in PowerPoint presentations, charts, graphs and analyze data for corporate meetings.
- Answer and screen telephone calls.
- Maintain utmost confidentiality.
- Requires good analytical skills, and written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work professionally at all levels of organization, including corporate and international.
- Strong organization skills are essential.
- Must be have strong MS Office skills, specifically Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel. Expert level PowerPoint skills are strongly preferred.
- A minimum of five years’ experience, including business and administrative experience at the executive level.
- Good working knowledge of various financial, marketing, and operating issues, preferably from experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in arranging all logistics for on-site and off-site meetings, and for domestic and international travel (including visa processing when necessary)
- High School diploma, including the completion of business and office/clerical coursework.
- College coursework or degree is desirable.
No calls or agencies please. Emerson will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Emerson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status. We are committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by calling 1-314-553-2544 (V/TTY/TDD) or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Emerson Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production, protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Emerson Commercial and Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency, and create sustainable infrastructure.
A dynamic environment is what you’ll discover at Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $14.5 billion in sales and 155 manufacturing locations worldwide. Together, we’re changing the world, and we have all the resources to help you achieve your professional goals.
Whether you’re an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options, or recently received your MBA degree, you’ll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.