We are excited to add a new *Cost Estimator* to our award-winning team!! Our organization is the premier POP and Corrugated Display Manufacturer in Central Florida. For over 60 years, we have designed and created total packaging solutions delivered by a loyal and experienced group of expert structural and graphic designers, as well as an outstanding manufacturing personnel.
The Cost Estimator is a hands-on quoting and cost estimating position, responsible for on-time completion of customer quote activity. The position will work collaboratively with customers, manufacturing, and sales to develop price quotations for corrugated packaging.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accurate and timely processing of quotes, orders and routings to maintain best possible lead time and equitable return for the company.
- Create quotes in for manufactured good while considering size, print specifications, number of printing colors required, and customer specifications.
- Determine quote level and priority in order to allocate appropriate time and resources.
- Update estimates for change requests.
- Utilize quote metrics and contribute to the continuous improvement of the quoting process.
- Consult with necessary personnel in order to formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Develop and maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships with customers, suppliers and colleagues.
- Communicate effectively with inside sales team, operations, and other office personnel to ensure a consistent and effective delivery to the client.
- Build an effective professional network by participating in organizations and events that foster these opportunities.
- Endeavor to grow personally and professionally by participating in industry and sales related seminars, workshops, and organizations.
- Be knowledgeable about inside office operations to contribute when in the best interested of the company
- Complete and submit all report requirements.
- Performs duties as assigned/necessary which are related, or logical in assignment to the positions.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree preferred in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience in the Manufacturing Industry.
- Previous quoting, estimating or purchasing experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated computer skills in Excel, MS Windows, Internet and Outlook.
- Must be results oriented and drive continuous improvement.
- Complete attention to detail for accurate completion of quotes.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and recommend solutions
- Requires strong customer relations, communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical and problem solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, achieve deadlines under pressure, and work independently without direct supervision or as a member of a team that solicits input for all levels of the organization.
- Must be a self-motivated, team player with high energy and a great attitude
- Flexibility to adapt to all situations and work varied hours; possibly work weekends or evenings
- Ability to anticipate work needs and follow through with minimum direction.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing facility, especially in the corrugated industry
- Responsible for adhering to the cGMP/Personal Hygiene/HACCP program as trained
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,000.00 /year
- Cost Estimating: 3 years (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules