Works cross-functionally to deliver on the Digital Commerce and omni-channel business goals by helping guide business plans and strategic decisions. Evaluates potential pricing, promotion, assortment, and marketing decisions. Performs analysis to develop strategic initiatives, helps strengthen implementation, measures results, and provides actionable recommendations based on outcomes. Works highly collaboratively within a matrix organization to ensure the cross functional team is delivering against departmental goals.
- Works with analytical resources to deliver data analysis to develop, enhance and maintain business plan.
- Develops an understanding of the systems, resources and processes used to assist in the development and implementation of digital merchandising programs
- Develops an understanding of KPIs and merchandising strategies that strengthen results and ensures integrated coordination between the store and online experience
- May provide input on category and/or departmental plans to achieve sales and profit goals. Recommends actions based on historical performance and forecasts comparing various scenarios.
- Analyzes performance against goals and uncovers root causes. Performs reporting for key stakeholders.
- Assesses customer behavior, sales trends, and promotional effectiveness to help build more effective merchandising and promotional programs
- Monitors category, industry, and competitive trends and insights; develops solutions to improve merchandising and promotional strategies
- Contributes to, participates in, and supports continuous improvements efforts related to digital business strategy and processes.
- Collaborates cross-functionally to accomplish activities. Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities. Makes tactical recommendations to key stakeholders based on historical data and/or current trends.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (www.walgreens.com) is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. As America’s most loved pharmacy, health and beauty company, Walgreens purpose is to champion the health and wellbeing of every community in America. Operating more than 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving approximately 8 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with platforms bringing together physical and digital, supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in local communities nationwide.
Bachelor’s Degree OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 3 years of experience in one of the following areas: strategy, consulting, merchandising, finance, operations, or marketing.
Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
Experience with MS Office Suite.
Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
Bachelor’s Degree in economics, supply chain, finance, marketing, or business.
Experience working in the digital space.
Experience working with P&L concepts – revenue, cogs, gross profit margin, operating expenses and income.