White Castle is seeking friendly, resourceful and knowledgeable Quality Control Technicians to join our family!
Our Quality Control Technicians perform the quality control checks as set forth by the Quality Program, to ensure that raw materials and finished product meet White Castle’s specifications. This ensures a consistent, safe and quality product is being produced. Additionally, their duties include:
On line inspection of finished products by checking spiral freezer temperatures, 2-pack seal, box and case seals, code dates, best by dates, check weigher, packing matches product run verification, and organoleptic evaluation
On line inspection of in-process product by checking processing and product temperatures, ingredient weights, and placement. Manage meat racks to ensure optimum temperature is maintained
Check HACCP critical control points and ensure proper corrective actions are taken to maintain food safety
Pre-op inspection of the processing line according to established procedures
Inspect incoming raw materials and packaging. Pull random samples and test raw materials to make sure they meet specifications. Check all packaging for correct allergen labeling
Inspect finished product shipments. Inspect trailer temperature, set point and trailer condition. Place temperature recorders on random shipments
Collect appropriate samples of finished products and raw materials for micro testing
At White Castle, we’re about more than just Sliders. We’re about making memories, and about maintaining our Values. We expect our team to demonstrate our values daily: to be Responsive, Customer Focused, Hungry, Healthy & Energetic, Humble and Accountable. Working at White Castle gets you behind-the-scenes intel on a pop culture staple with a cult-like following—being part of our 96-year legacy is truly a unique experience! Here’s your chance to help guide the team that keeps our Cravers coming back for more.
Benefits of working at White Castle include:
Medical, dental & life insurance
401K & profit sharing plans
Free meals while working
Promote from within practice
Can you say #dreamjob!?! If you are awesome and want to work for a company that will think so too, apply online!
- Minimum of an Associate Degree in Chemistry, Biology, or Food Science. Candidates without a degree will be considered but must successfully complete training for the position.
- Prior quality control or food laboratory experience is required.
- Prior experience using laboratory scales, thermometers, computers, and colorimeters is required.
- General knowledge of FDA regulations and Good Manufacturing Practices is a plus.
- Must have knowledge of HACCP, SOP’s, GMP’s, and/or plant policies and procedures.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with team members on the production line to ensure consistent product quality.
- Twisting and turning will be required and must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to wear company specified garments that assure cleanliness.