DISTRICT SPECIAL EDUCATION ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
- Arranges special education PPT meetings and sends out PPT correspondence.
- Arranges staffings for special education students as needed.
- Maintains Confidentiality of all student general information
- Maintains confidential student files pertaining to Special Education Students, Gifted and Talented students, and current and non-active records.
- Maintains caseloads/address info/ on all students registered in Special Services.
- Follows closely State mandated timelines for the accurate and timely compliance of these mandates.
- Updates special services manual according to new state laws and forms needed to assure State compliance in Weston.
- Copy files for students with FERPA requests.
- Assists in the completion of specific state reporting of student data.
- Assists with scheduling for pre-school referrals and evaluations. Completes correspondence surrounding the pre-school lottery.
- Places and receives telephone calls and records messages. Welcomes visitors and screens unexpected callers in accordance with predetermined policy
- Files students' confidential reports and records.
- Performs such other tasks and assumes other responsibilities of an administrative assistant as the Director of Pupil Personnel Services may assign from time to time.
- High school diploma
- Bachelors degree preferred.
- Prior secretarial experience preferred.
- Strong capabilities in word processing and other personal computer application software.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Board may find appropriate.
Reports To: Assistant Superintendent, Pupil Personnel Services
Terms ofEmployment: 205 Day Employee. Compensation pending agreement with Local 1303-110 AFSCME. Competitive benefits package, in accordance with Weston Board of Education and Local 1303-110 of Council #4, AFSCME, AFL-CIO contract.
POSITION AVAILABLITY – August 2018
APPLICATION: Please apply online at: http://www.applitrack.com/weston/onlineapp/default.aspx
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Weston Board of Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Weston Board of Education ensures equal employment opportunities regardless of race, creed, gender, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identification, transgender status, or disability. The Weston Board of Education has a policy of active recruitment of qualified minority teachers, administrators, and non-certified employees. Any individual needing assistance in making application for any opening should contact the Department of Human Resources.
Job Type: Full-time
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years