Part-time Secretary - Institutional Research
- Perform receptionist functions in an open area accessible to visitors, students and faculty. Must be able to perform detail-oriented work accurately with potential interruptions and/or distractions.
- Perform clerical duties that include database management and processing a variety of documents and reports, using Microsoft Office (with particular strengths in Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Open and sort mail, file and process forms and documents. Proofread and format documents.
- Maintain/update information on websites.
- Complete external surveys.
- Manage electronic surveys.
- Maintain inventory of office supplies and forms.
- Assist other department personnel by performing clerical portions of ongoing department functions or special projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
A. Education/Training and Experience Required/Preferred
- Some college, with formal office skills training and five years of general clerical work experience required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
B. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment; correct English usage; proper document formats.
- Skills in following oral and written instructions; knowledge using Windows-based computer programs required; record keeping; organizing and maintain files.
- Skills in accuracy and attention to detail.
- Abilities to operate standard office equipment; perform routine and detailed tasks in an accurate and efficient manner; work independently; maintain effective interpersonal working relationships; and demonstrate poise and skill in interacting with others in the department and throughout the college.
C. Physical Activity Level
- Light - mostly sit and stand, lift up to 10 lbs.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $12.00 to $15.00 /hour
Hours per week:
Typical start time:
Typical end time: