Seeking a Software Quality assurance Tester responsible for creating, maintaining, modifying, and managing load and performance testing scripts for an online web application. This individual should be able to communicate effectively with the development team to troubleshoot performance and scalability issues.
1. It is for a long-term project (around 2 years) and having an opportunity for contract to hire at some point of time.
2. We prefer Green Card holders and the U.S Citizens for these positions.
3. We are looking for local candidates only.
4. The interview process is typically a phone interview followed by the on-site interview to demonstrate their hands-on experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Design and build Performance Test Scripts and scenarios for an online web application based on Requirements
- Create and execute load and performance tests using the testing tools
- Define and develop performance test plans and automated scripts using standard testing tools
- Execute performance test, analyze and evaluate test results, generate performance metric reports and provide recommendations
- Assists with analyzing test and operational problems to determine presence and scope of potential code defects
- Review and analyze business & system requirements and specifications for performance testability
- Work with functional Tester and Developers to ensure adequate coverage for upcoming releases and keep up-to date with system changes that impact performance testing
- Generate performance graphs, session reports and other related documentation required for validation and analysis
- Help QA team with other aspects of testing like System testing, Regression testing, integration testing
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline
- 5+ years of Software Testing experience with strong background in performance and load testing concepts and techniques
- Expertise in performance testing of web services using LoadRunner and/or other load and performance testing tools such as WebLoad, LoadUI, LoadView etc.
- Strong understanding with system and application monitoring concepts
- Strong understanding of Server, Network, Virtualization and Database concepts
- Strong understanding of performance testing concepts, load testing concepts, types of system performance tests and their goals
- Experience with defect tracking tools (e.g., Jira)
- Excellent communication skills. Must be attentive to detail, highly-organized, and able to multi-task
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality assurance life cycle and testing methodologies
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines in a highly demanding environment
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software Testing: 5 years (Required)