ROLE: Senior Cybersecurity Engineer
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
DURATION: 12 months + budgeted extension(s)
YourTEAM: Security Architecture and Engineeringteam, of End Client’s Cybersecurity Program. This team performs research,evaluations, architecture support, and security engineering to safeguarding EndClient’s iT assets and data.
- Providingsecurity, architecture and engineering expertise across agency initiatives to ensurea secure enterprise which include(s) internal systems, cloud services andexternal/third-party service provider systems.
- Workclosely with other department’s functions to understand the vision anddirection of the information technology program
- Abilityto understand proposed, and in-place architectures at a level that enables identificationand analysis of security risks; propose solutions for risk mitigation.
- Networking (e.g. Cisco, Juniper,Palo Alto)
- Operating system (e.g. Windows Server,Redhat Linux)
- Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Salesforce,Okta, O365, ServiceNow)
- Mobile technologies (e.g. iOS, XenMobile)
- FederalInformation Security Mgmt. Act (FISMA)
- SecurityBaselines (e.g. STIG, CIS, USGCB)
- ZeroTrust architecture
- UnifiedEndpoint Management (e.g. Workspace One)
- CloudAccess Security Brokers (CASB)
- Cloudmodels (e.g., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- TrustedInternet Connection (TIC)
- VirtualPrivate Network (VPN)
- Orchestration(e.g. Mesosphere, Kubernets)
- Containerization(e.g. docker)
- EnterpriseArchitecture (e.g. TOGAF, DoDAF)
- Identityand Access Management (e.g. Okta, Sailpoint)
- Bachelor’sdegree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or other engineering discipline
- Individualswith technical certification preferred (e.g., CCNA, MSCE (Server), RHCSA, EBSA,or ECSS)
- Abilityto take general security configuration baselines (e.g., DISA STIGs, CISBenchmarks, etc.) and develop customized baselines to meet the agency needs.
- Abilityto translate the low-level security baseline requirements into high-levelFISMA/NIST requirements and agency-specific security policy.
- Workingunderstanding of the National Vulnerability Database (NVD) and/or CommonVulnerability Enumeration (CVE) is also expected.
- Priorrecent experience across technical platforms.
- Experienceworking with NIST 800 Special Publication series, related to risk management andsecurity control implementation.
- i.e.800-30,800-37, 800-53, 800-60, 800-63, 800-115, and 800-137
- Abilityto work autonomously in fast-paced environment, with direction from “Federal” TeamLeads
- Abilityto oversee/coordinate activities of Junior Engineers.
- Strongattention to detail, written and oral communication skills, and ability tooperate and defend your professional conclusions in addition to having theconfidence and knowledge to challenge others.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
Salary: $165,000.00 /year
- Federal Information Security Mgmt. Act (FISMA): 3 years (Required)
- Operating system (e.g. Windows Server, Redhat Linux): 3 years (Preferred)
- Networking (e.g. Cisco, Juniper, Palo Alto): 4 years (Preferred)
- Working understanding of the National Vulnerability Database: 3 years (Preferred)
- Mobile technologies (e.g. iOS, Xen Mobile): 2 years (Preferred)
- Cloud (e.g. AWS, Azure, Salesforce, Okta, O365, ServiceNow): 3 years (Preferred)
- CCNA, MSCE (server) RHCSA, EBSA, or ECSS) (Preferred)
- One location
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Innovative -- innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive -- competitive and growth-oriented
- Stable -- traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative