We are looking for a Specimen Processor (20 hours per week) in our Elmwood Park, NJ location.
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Friday 12:00AM-5:00AM
Processors are our front line in the Labs. They are indispensable participants at the entry point of a specimen testing. Their ability to quickly identify, label and troubleshoot ensures minimal disruption to our high volume specimen testing processes.
Duties may include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required. This includes all labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
- Ability to handle all specimen types including leaks.
- Multi-task between different types of requisitions. (i.e. CareEvolve, manual, EMR, Digichart, etc.)
- Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent. Must meet a minimum of 28-35 cases per hour.
- Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
- Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
- Prepare specimen work lists as needed for tracking purposes.
- File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
- Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Able to type a minimum of 40 WPM.
- Ability to read, write and speak English fluently.
- Prior Lab and/or Processing experience plus.
- Ability to sit for 8 hours.
- Responsible for lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling object.
- Work requires contact with specimens and requisitions, hand washing and cleaning, biohazardous body fluids, and hazardous chemicals.
- Fast paced and noisy environment that sometimes includes interruptions and distractions.
- OSHA risk factor: Category 1.
BioReference Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled