Smith Schafer & Associates has exciting opportunities for highly driven Audit Interns with a basic understanding of GAAP and financial principles. Must be ready for immersive, real-world experiences. Under the leadership of our staff, an Audit Intern can expect to participate in the preparation of journal entries and financial reports, analyze actual financial data and increase knowledge of auditing principles. If you are a motivated team player with a positive attitude who can maintain efficiency and accuracy when multitasking, we have an opportunity for you. Successful candidates will be collaborative, trustworthy, receptive to feedback, and eager to learn.
Audit Interns will assist members of the auditing department as they:
- Plan, lead and facilitate engagements for audits to meet budget and client expectations.
- Serve clients in a high impact manner, demonstrating command of major area of specialization.
- Evaluate clients' internal controls and determine the extent of test-checking required.
- Strengthen client relationships advising on all concerns and relevant industry pronouncements.
- Develop new business opportunities by participating in strategic business development initiatives, relevant organizations, attending networking and professional development events, and leading educational programs.
- Do research, filing, data entry, and record and maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Review work papers, reports, financial statement drafts and letters of recommendations to ensure they are prepared in accordance with firm and professional standards.
- Prepare reports, e.g. balance sheets, income statements, and other financial statements.
- Handle sensitive and/or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
Interns will take on additional tasks or projects to learn more about accounting and office operations.
Audit Intern Requirements:
- A college sophomore, junior or senior actively working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Accounting; or a recent graduate.
- Satisfactory completion of introductory accounting courses and a basic understanding of accounting and financial principles.
- Aptitude for math, proficiency with computers.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of efficiency, accuracy, and responsibility.
- Motivation and strong desire to take on new challenges and learn as much as possible.
As a recent recipient of the Best Places to Work in Southeast Minnesota and Star Tribune Top Work Places, it is our goal at Smith Schafer to continue to hire the most talented individuals who will make a positive impact on our clients and contribute to the success of our Firm. Smith Schafer offers competitive compensation. Please submit cover letter/resume.
Job Type: Internship