The Land Use Monitor is responsible for the inspection of Sea Pines residential properties for compliance with and enforcement of the Sea Pines Land Use Covenants and Restrictions as well as the enforcement of the Sea Pines Plantation Architectural Review Guidelines, Beach Trust Land Restrictions, Hilton Head Island Land Management Ordinance (LMO) as well as Rules and Regulations established by the CSA Board of Directors.
Description of Duties
- Monitors and conducts inspections as per applicable covenants, rules and regulations.
- Inputs, accesses, and retrieves property information from a computer database to track status of all Sea Pines residential properties.
- Communicates with property owners per the Sea Pines Land Use Standards and Procedures (copy attached)
- Keeps inspection records, makes reports, monitors cases and maintains historical files.
- Conducts research to develop data and information regarding deficient properties, as required.
- May perform a variety of office related functions including preparing permits, correspondence, presentation materials, summarizing field notes, taking and downloading digital photographs, printing materials, answering and responding to inquiries from contractors, developers, property owners, counsel, real estate agents, staff and others.
- Is knowledgeable about the various POA’s in Sea Pines Plantation.
- Is knowledgeable about ARB Guidelines.
- Is knowledgeable about the Town of Hilton Head land use ordinances and codes enforcement.
- Attends Association of Sea Pines Plantation Property Owners (ASPPPO) and Community Services Associates (CSA) meetings as directed.
- Attend LUM Committee meetings, as directed.
- Provide communication and education to the community, as directed, including presentations at Community Coffees, input to the Sea Pines Community Newsletter and the Sea Pines Living website.
- Prepare information about the Land Use Management Committee protocols, process and guidelines to the Sea Pines Plantation New Owner packet.
- Prepares LUM Compliance Report upon request of property owner (seller) or owner’s (seller’s) Real Estate agent.
- Prepares LUM Compliance Report to accompany CSA’s Financial Obligation Disclosure.
- Monitors exterior additions/alterations of existing properties constructed without ARB approval and verifies approval requirement.
- Answers phone calls and provides assistance and information to owners
- Ability to access Town of Hilton Head and Beaufort County electronic records as needed.
- Must have valid Driver’s License prior to employment.
Additional duties may be assigned as designated by Direct Report or other senior members of staff and LUM Committee.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree from accredited college, or related work experience may be substituted.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret complex legal documents and architectural/engineering drawings and specifications.
- Demonstrated experience enforcing laws, codes, rules and regulations preferred.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in Micro Soft Office and other job related software.
- A comparable amount of training, education or experience can be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Conflict resolution training and experience is required.
- Must be broad based in skills with extremely high proficiency dealing with Employees, Managers, Industry Professionals and Property Owners
- Must be able to act without immediate supervision and exhibit judgment skills
- Both written and verbal communication skills are required
- Property owner contact and interaction with employees is an integral part of this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to fifty (50) pounds.
For more than 50 years, Sea Pines Plantation has been recognized around the world as the preeminent seaside residential and resort community. Under the combined efforts of Community Services Associates, Inc. (CSA), and the various resort, commercial and residential interests of Sea Pines, the community continues to thrive. Our Mission - “To protect, maintain and enhance the resources of the Sea Pines Plantation for the benefit of the Sea Pines Community” ensures that Sea Pines will continue to remain the preferred residential community of discerning vacationers and resort residents.
Each year Sea Pines hosts the nationally-televised PGA Tour RBC Heritage Golf Tournament at the Harbour Town Golf Links. The Sea Pines Resort is in the midst of major renovations and redevelopment of the Resort Amenities. Over the past few years, the Resort owner, the Riverstone Group has spent an estimated $85 million to improve the clubhouses, facilities and major amenities of the Sea Pines Resort and is developing plans for many future enhancements. Sea Pines is a 4,500 acre mixed use master planned resort community which includes the 600+ acre Sea Pines Forest Preserve, as well as over 60 miles of roadways, 17 miles of leisure trails, extensive beach access pathways and boardwalks, a vast lagoon based storm water retention and flood basin system, a private country club, private schools, marinas, retail and multiple recreational commercial interests, estuaries and open space.
CSA was formed in 1987 and received title to most of the common roads, open space, and service areas within Sea Pines for the benefit of all owners inside the plantation and all who visit this residential resort community. The community has a strong reserve and financial position. CSA provides security, transportation, maintenance, enhancement and project services for Sea Pines Plantation, its common property and infrastructure.
Job Type: Full-time
- Conflict Resolution: 1 year (Preferred)
- Interpreting Legal Docs, Architectural/Eng. drawings & specs: 1 year (Required)
- Hilton Head, SC (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts