The Housekeeping Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Housekeeping Department in an attentive, friendly, efficient and courteous manner, providing all guests with quality service and a clean and safe environment throughout their stay, while efficiently managing expenses and maximizing service levels.
Since this is pre-opening position, most of the duties listed below may come into play once the Hotel is open. Initially you would be involved in the setting up of the hotel to brand standards, the department, ordering, setting procedures and policies in place, snagging rooms/ public areas, training of employees etc.
You will be working closely with the Corporate Housekeeping Team
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Hires, trains, and manages the work and evaluates the performance of the housekeeping team members. Serves as a member of the hotel's leadership team.
- Inspects guest rooms, meeting rooms, public spaces, and hallways for cleanliness and order.
- Coordinates cleaning and maintenance schedules according to guest needs, in coordination with front desk and maintenance personnel. Verifies completion of laundry and inventory restocking.
- Trains and coaches housekeeping staff in specific cleaning and room placement job tasks and in completion of daily schedules. Conducts new employee training.
- Follows facility safety and security guidelines, ensures key control, emergency response, safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage by housekeeping team members.
- Manages supply inventory and monitors storage procedures and Housekeeper / House Attendant cart arrangements.
- Ensures safe chemical handling and proper chemical usage procedures.
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Health, Safety and Environment management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity.
- Develops work schedules and coordinates staff work assignments in conjunction with facility staffing guidelines.
- Ensures that facility complies with brand quality performance standards.
- Ensure that all guest requests/complaints are always handled promptly and professionally with the highest degree of guest care quality and discretion.
- Ensures staff compliance with professional dress and grooming standards.
- Conduct pre-shift meetings for room attendants and housemen.
- Respond to emergency situations using information contained in MSDS sheets. Keep MSDS sheets current and easily available.
- Balance and clear room status nightly; compare the p.m. housekeeping report with the PMS room status report and resolve any discrepancies.
- Conduct regular housekeeping meetings to keep colleagues informed of policies and procedure, special events, further improvement plans and guest comments to improve their engagement and commitment in delivery high quality services.
- Control the housekeeping supplies expenses and develop the shift schedule according to the requirements of the operations and the capacity of the manpower, in order to manage effectively the housekeeping budget and the available manpower.
- Any other tasks that may be assigned form time to time
- Previous managerial experience in Hyatt brand or any other franchised hotels is preferred but not required
- Pre-Opening experience is preferred
- Ability to work well with others.
- Strong leadership skills and work ethic.
- Must be able to communicate by reading, writing, and verbal command of English. Bilingual -Spanish is a plus.
- Must have experience using a computer to enter and access information.
- Time Management capability to lead others to accomplish work within established parameters
- Customer Service focus to anticipate guest needs, greet and acknowledge guests, respond to guest requests, and ensure guest satisfaction
- Composure to respond calmly to unexpected changes in occupancy, scheduling, or team member attendance
- Able to work a flexible schedule including Holidays and Weekends.
Job Type: Full-time
- Housekeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Supervisor: 1 year (Required)