Rehab Without Walls Physical Therapist PRN
Line of Business:
Join us in transforming peoples' lives and their communities!
ResCare is a one-of-a-kind human services company offering services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, home care for seniors, as well as education, vocational training, and job placement for people of all ages and skill levels. Right now, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Rehab Without Walls Physical Therapist PRN.
Are you passionate about helping others? Dont miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you help people reach their highest level of independence! Apply today! ResCare. Where Care Meets Career.
Rehab Without Walls Physical Therapist PRN Responsibilities
- Performs physical therapy evaluation and treatment of patients based upon physician orders/referrals.
- Completes a comprehensive evaluation using appropriate evaluation and assessment tools and procedures.
- Reviews patient records for current diagnosis, past medical history, precautions & contraindications.
- Establishes measurable goals and develops treatment plan to move the patient toward his or her maximum level of independence and/or function.
- Regularly re-assesses effectiveness of treatment plan, progress of patient towards goals and the need for modifying goals or treatment.
- Communicates patient’s needs and progress to the treatment team, physician, person receiving services, family members, as applicable.
- Consults with medical providers regarding patient evaluation & treatment, progress of the patient & discharge from treatment.
- Recommends and assists in securing special adaptive equipment for patient to improve function. Incorporates the use of adaptive equipment to enhance the rehab program.
- Maintains and submits evaluation, treatment and billing documentation in the format and timelines required by the Company, facility, funding source, local, state and federal regulations.
- Adheres to standards of the Company's Code of Business Conduct, policies, HIPAA and Corporate Compliance programs and appropriate professional practice standards and applicable state/federal laws
- Supervises Physical Therapist Assistants and Physical Therapy Aides in direct patient care and patient-related activities in accordance with state practice act.
- Attends, participates in and/or conducts internal staff development programs and meetings; obtains continuing education as required by company policy and regulations; maintains and enhances clinical practice skills
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Physical Therapy from a college or university with accredited Physical Therapy program
- Current, unrestricted license as Physical Therapist by state in which practicing
- Current BLS (Basic Life Support) or CPR certification in accordance state regulations
- A minimum of one (1) year’s work experience as a physical therapist preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of rehabilitation techniques related to complex neurological injury
- Communicates effectively and professionally in verbal and written interactions
- Demonstrates strong organization skills and attention to detail
- The candidate/employee will have the physical ability to perform job related duties which may require sitting, lifting, standing, bending, stooping, stretching, walking, pushing, and pulling.
- A health screen or examination may be required prior to assignment and periodically thereafter, depending on the specific location policy, local or state regulations to verify that he/she is physically capable of performing assigned duties with or without reasonable accommodations.
Rehab Without Walls® delivers services where patients need them most: in their own surroundings—whether at home, school, work or in their own community. This unique approach to rehabilitation uses a published, evidence-based process with proven outcomes that help patients achieve a higher level of function, which means, quite simply, giving them the skills to participate as fully and independently as possible in their lives, wherever that may happen.
In addition to meeting your passion for making a difference in people's lives and career advancement, opportunities you may also be offered:
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Medical, Dental, Vision Benefits
- Suite of voluntary insurance options
- Paid Time Off
- Performance incentives
- Company Discount Purchasing Program
- Cell phone Service
- Ford and Chrysler Automobiles
- Staples discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Assistance Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
Don't miss this opportunity to find career success and fulfillment while you assist people to reach their highest level of independence.
ResCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ResCare does not discriminate against any person on the basis of gender, race, color, national origin, religion, disability, age, veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities, or in employment, or on the basis of gender in its health programs and activities.
Dallas, TX 75225 USA