At Blink, this role is called a Moodlifter, but until that is a word job seekers are typing into Google, we will stick with using the more widely known title of Front Desk Associate! What is a Moodlifter you ask? Moodlifters are the people who greet each of our members with ear to ear smiles, over the top enthusiasm and pretty much know everyone in the gym by name. They will run to open the door for you in a driving rainstorm and change a channel so you don’t miss a minute of the big game. They consistently go above and beyond and you can’t help but smile when you see them.
- Greet every member and guest with enthusiasm and a smile
- Tour potential members around the club with the goal of signing up the person for a membership
- Answer phone calls in a professional and energetic manner
- Execute all opening/closing operational procedures to ensure the club runs smoothly
- Handle member requests and concerns with a sense of urgency
- Actively participate in ensuring the club is spotless including frequent bending, lifting, and walking around the club to organize equipment and straighten up
- Sign members up for startup sessions with Blink Personal Trainers
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Enthusiastic, energetic, friendly and personable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to lift and move gym equipment weighing 15-20 lbs frequently and 45 lbs occasionally
- Able to remain in a stationary position at the front desk for the majority of the workday
- World class customer service skills
- Works hard, multi-tasks and is a problem solver
- Passion for the Blink brand
Compensation and Benefits:
- Complimentary Blink Membership
Founded in 2011 by executives at Equinox, Blink Fitness is a premium quality, value-based fitness brand with more than 100 locations open or in development throughout New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and California. Blink puts Mood Above Muscle™, which celebrates the positive feeling you get from exercise, not just the physical benefits.
Blink recently launched a franchising system to complement its fast growing company-owned business model and has secured franchise development agreements in Georgia, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, Virginia and upstate NY. This includes an agreement with Golden State Warriors forward Draymond Green, two-time NBA Champion, All Star, Olympic Gold Medalist and Defensive Player of the Year, who announced a franchise development deal to bring 20 gyms to his home state of Michigan and to Illinois.
Blink is an exciting and dynamic business that is still in the start-up mode. We are a passionate team with a great entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to roll up our sleeves to get the work done.
While Blink has grown rapidly and has already achieved significant profitability, the business is just getting warmed-up. Its leadership has a very lofty vision and expects explosive growth over the coming years. At a minimum, the business expects to have more than 300 locations over the next five years through a combination of corporate and franchise development.
For more information visit Blink’s consumer website - blinkfitness.com – and its franchise website – blinkfranchising.com.