Sort Line Attendant
SALARY: $19.203 Hourly, Non – Exempt Position
Night shift receives an additional $1.75 shift differential.
HOURS OF WORK:
Night Shift – 11:00 p.m. – 8:30 a.m. Sunday night – Friday morning
Additional Overtime as Needed
DEPARTMENT: Material Recycling Facility
NATURE OF WORK:
- Under the supervision of the MRF Manager and MRF Shift Supervisor this position moves to different areas of the MRF that needs assistance.
EXAMPLES OF WORK:
- Removes objects from the waste stream conveyor belt.
- Cleaning of equipment, including the trommel, conveyor belts, and all other recycling line equipment.
- Performs custodial work which includes sweeping floors, cleaning picking station enclosure, locker rooms, and restrooms.
- Assisting in operating the baler for aluminum, metal, and cardboard
- Performs other related works as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Be able to identify materials in the waste stream so they can be properly removed and processed.
- Be able to use basic hand tools.
- Be able to communicate with co-workers and supervisors.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and able to wear an air purifying respirator.
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to work in confined space areas.
- Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stand, walk, push, pull and perform repetitive motion.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to exert up to 100 pounds of force occasionally; up to 50 pounds of force frequently; and 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
This description is intended to describe the tasks, and levels of work difficulty being performed by people assigned to this classification. The list of responsibilities is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skill required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $19.20 per hour
Work Location: In person