Seeking a freelance Outerwear Designer for the Assistant level at The Levy Group.
Duration of the position is negotiable, but may range from October-February. Compensation to be discussed.
- Assist head designer in arranging, sourcing and developing fabric and trim, as well as flat sketching new developments for the upcoming season.
- Attend fittings and assist technical designer in fit & production issues. Post fitting, make revisions to sketches and design packages as needed.
- Communicate with factories & vendors both locally & internationally via in person, telephone & email regarding sourcing, developing and arranging of new fabric & trim. Also communicate regarding sample design development for the upcoming season.
- Work with sales on design development & production including preparing and requesting photo samples, color cards for buyers and assembling linesheets for both house and individual buyers.
- Responsible for administration and follow up of product design process to include preparation of technical packages and presentation boards, understanding of PDM process, email correspondence, etc.
- Strong knowledge of garment construction, technical and functional applications, fabrication and trim
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Highly motivated, organized and detail-oriented
- Excellent communications skills and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design (Associate Degree will be considered if candidate has enough relevant experience)
- 1-2 years experience in apparel design. Experience in relevant categories preferred
- Highly proficient in Adobe software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in Web PDM preferred
- Based in New York
Job Type: Temporary
- Fashion Design: 1 year (Required)
- New York, NY 10018 (Required)
- Korean (Preferred)
- English (Required)