Landscape Foreman Job Minneapolis Mn
Are you working for a landscape foreman job company in the Minneapolis metro area, where you’re not appreciated , or they make promises but don’t deliver, then read on.
We’re proud of our people with their “let’s make it happen” attitude. We have a positive exciting culture, not a, “that’s how it’s done around here” corporate one.
Our people have flexibility to do their jobs with “no one breathing down their backs” , they have their goals, know what to do and do it!
In the past few years we continue to get new contracts despite the economic downturn and we plan to continue this aggressive growth but can’t without great people.
We are Architectural Landscape Design Inc. in Lakeville MN . We've been in business for over 15 years, a full service landscape /Construction Design Build Firm and we’re on the move! Check us out at www.aldmn.com.
But we have a problem, we need to add experienced crew members (or ones willing to learn) to begin another crew . If you want to work for a “learning organization” can manage a landscape crew or would like to learn, WE WANT YOU!
The Landscape Construction Foreman/Supervisor is responsible for overseeing all on-site aspects of landscape construction projects.
Core Capabilities: Landscape Foreman Job Minneapolis
- Customer and quality focus
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Team work
- Excellent problem solving abilities
- Responsibility and dependability
- Ethics and integrity
Job Duties: Landscape Foreman
- Manage the execution of construction projects, planning labor requirements, equipment requirements and material deliveries and timing to ensure completion of job(s) within project deadlines
- Manage safety, quality and productivity of work at sites and/or shop/yard
- Assist in the preparation of jobsites prior to the beginning of a project
- Supervise, coordinate, and schedule the day to day work activities of a landscape construction crew of 2 to 4 employees
- Delegate job tasks to appropriate crew members to assist in the completion of landscape constructions
- Participate in recruitment activities by conducting secondary interviews with potential job candidates
- Conduct on-site orientations with new employees and employees in new positions, which cover all company health and safety policies, practices, and procedures
- Operate various tools and equipment, including: heavy equipment, dump trucks, Class A license, skidd loader, excavator, chainsaws, jackhammers, laser levels, measurement equipment, shovels, hammers, drills, etc.
- Assist in the construction of landscape design/build tasks patios, pergolas, waterfeatures, retaining walls, outdoor rooms, lighting, sod and irrigation, drainage and grading, outdoor kitchens, firepits and fireplaces ect.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools and equipment by conducting inspections, lubricating, and cleaning on a daily basis
- Read and interpret blueprints, structural drawings, and specifications to delegate/complete work activities
- Meet with subcontractors and supervise quality, efficiency, and deadlines
- Complete and submit all required paperwork on a daily basis, including: daily site meeting logs, crew daily forms, equipment daily inspection forms, attendance tracking, time and materials billing summaries, requests for time off, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and regulations
- Maintain and enforce standards of cleanliness and organization in assigned trucks, trailers, equipment, jobsites, and shop/yard areas
- Ensure that all work activities are carried out in a safe and efficient manner, and that all crew members are in compliance with government and company PPE standards
- Enforce and work in accordance with all local health and safety laws and regulations at shop/yard and on jobsites
- Employee training
- Communicate with customers in a polite and courteous manner
Work Conditions: Landscape Foreman Minneapolis Mn
- Ability to work with hand tools, power tools, small engine equipment, heavy equipment, and materials
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs. repeatedly through an entire work shift
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent stamina is required
- Work near heavy equipment and other vehicles on a regular basis
- Work outdoors in various conditions including heat and humidity, rain, dust, noise, and cold
- Flexible working hours including occasional weekend work
Requirements: Landscape Foreman Prior lake Mn
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the landscape/construction industry
- Capable of operating required equipment and tools in a safe and responsible manner
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Time management skills
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of specific materials, methods, tools and equipment required to complete various landscape/construction practices
- Speak, read, and write English
- Carry and use a smart phone or data-enabled device for communication and reporting
Don’t Hate the Top 1%… Join Them!
Applicants all the time tell us that our company can’t possibly be everything it promises to be. Top wages in the industry? Check. Professional and talented co-workers? Check. Self-managed work? Check. Awesome trucks and uniforms? Check. No chasing down leads? Check. Growth and advancement opportunities? Check.
So what’s the catch?
Only that you need the attitude and work ethic to make it alongside the top 1% of professionals in this industry. Experience isn’t as important as ambition and the willingness to learn. Skills can be taught, but passion is innate. We love what we do and want you to love it too.
- Training & Development
- Wellness Resources
Work Like a Rock Star? Get Paid Like One!
Our Landscape foreman craftsmen have told us they never expected to be treated so well doing what they love. Most don’t, so how do our craftsmen get away with it?
We hire the best in the industry, pure and simple. Reliable, honest, personable, and skilled craftsmen are in high-demand in an industry suffering a shortage of them. This creates an incredible opportunity for anyone who can fill that shortage, especially because, unlike so many other professions, robots can’t do our jobs yet!
We at Architectural Landscape Design are doing just that, bringing integrity, professionalism, and hospitality-level customer service to an industry that long ago abandoned those principles. This dedication is what enables our craftsmen to flourish in this industry and has grown our company to triple its original size over a decade.
If you’re a talented craftsmen and can help bring these values back into the Landscape Construction/Remodel industry, you’ll make a great ALD Craftsmen!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $60,000.00 per year