APeX Application Analyst 786407 ^
- Plans implements and supports clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Contributes to estimates of resource needs and scheduling of system upgrades and modifications.
- Works on complex initiatives to analyze patient care workflow in various clinical departments, and to develop and define information technology solutions for improved system integration and functionality.
- Organizes medical record tools and data.
- Applies innovation in the management of complex scenarios.
- Collaborates with key clinical users on complex projects to modify workflow due to new releases and system upgrades.
- Plans and develops improvements in the functionality and efficiency of clinical applications.
- Liaison between vendors and IT leadership.
- Contributes to the development of new projects at all levels of scope and complexity.
- Performs systems analysis, planning, and preparation, coding, testing, implementation and client/vendor coordination.
- Designs and conducts user training in clinical information system workflows and processes, hardware and/or operating systems at all levels of complexity.
- Develops effective tools and aids for systems training.
- Troubleshoots escalated issues of moderate complexity and scope with clinical software, hardware, operating systems and/or distributed clinical information systems. Identifies and coordinates service and support as needed between clinical engineering, IT, networks, departments, and outside vendors.
- Proposes new solutions in regards to workflows, processes, system designs or developments as needed.
- Participates in the development of complete, concise and comprehensive policies and operation procedures to assist in communicating issues to management staff
- Realigns based upon business and clinical needs.
- Looks to new opportunities to address customer service challenges.
- Documents issues and develops/communicates plans to address.
- Estimates project time requirements, addresses gaps, participates in feasibility assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in health care information technology, computer science, or related area, and/or equivalent combination of experience/training.
- Broad and/or in-depth knowledge of 1-2 areas of focus in clinical applications specialty area(s).
- Knowledge of systems and functions, including design, development, implementation, user support and training, maintenance, quality assurance, and system testing and evaluation.
- Strong problem-resolution skills, with the ability to quickly diagnose problems, and develop, test, and implement appropriate and effective solutions in a timely manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively, train, support, and work collaboratively with users of clinical information systems at all professional and technical levels.
- Detail-oriented, with proven organizational skills and the ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks, and see projects through to completion on deadline.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical information and instructions to all levels of clinical application users in a specific, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong analytical skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting, with the ability to design and execute tests, analyze system performance data and produce substantive reports and analyses.
- Ability to work with senior staff and managers, serving as a technical resource and providing advice and counsel on issues of functionality, efficiency, cost-effectiveness, policy, and performance.
$85 per Hour San Francisco, CA 94103 12 Month Assignment