Are you ready to take your career to a new level and work at an extraordinary company in Cape Canaveral, FL?
Then you are in the right place...the coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to think big, perform with perfection and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus. If you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
As we enter a new era of Strategic Weapon Systems, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. When enemies attack, governments need be ready to defend their soldiers, citizens and infrastructure. For over 60 years, the Fleet Ballistic Missile (FBM) team has supported the Navy’s mission to provide affordable and credible strategic defense. We offer unique career opportunities and challenges on a program with a rich history and exciting future. We help keep this nation and our allies secure. The FBM Program is experiencing significant growth and we need your expertise to deliver amazing new technologies to our customers while maintaining the technical requirements of the strategic deterrence.
Learn more about FBM:
As a Materials and Processes Engineer you’ll work on a broad range of projects, in both a laboratory and manufacturing environment, that will challenge you to learn and grow in your career. Working side by side with designers, test and manufacturing engineers, you’ll use your education, experience and growing expertise to develop and evaluate new and innovative technology to survive in the most hostile of environments.
In this role, you will:
We're looking for:
- Select Parts, Materials, and Processes (PMP) on new designs that will help defend our country, get hands-on manufacturing experience of the next satellite, or provide guidance to an extensive supply chain providing products critical to Mission Success
- Perform Materials and Processes (M&P) technical engineering assignments
- Tackle problems and find innovative solutions
- Participate in the selection, qualification, testing, and failure analysis of materials & processes, prepare technical and progress reports on work you're doing, prepare specifications, evaluate suppliers and analyze test reports
- Interface and team with other disciplines such as Design Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Engineering, and Procurement
- A self-starter who implements solutions to technical issues
- A motivated individual who's able to work closely within a geographically team with varied strengths to resolve technical issues
- Someone able to handle shifting priorities, multiple projects and timeline pressure to meet deadlines
- Someone comfortable with communicating in a variety of forums
- The ability to work with management and program representatives at several levels
If selected you will need to obtain a DOD security clearance. US Citizenship required.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Lockheed Martin. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Formal coursework, training, experience and/or knowledge in Parts, Materials or Processes for development, improvement, design, application and production
- Materials or process related background and/or field of study
- Familiarity with technical requirements (material and process specifications, program requirements, etc.)
- Good writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- This position requires the ability to obtain a DOD Secret security clearance therefore US Citizenship required.
- Experience reviewing engineering drawings and/or specifications and providing guidance to design, stress, and manufacturing engineers
- Familiar with a variety of materials and process engineering disciplines including metals, composites, adhesives, bonding, cleaning, failure analysis, and manufacturing operations
- Knowledge of environmental and operational requirements for materials in space and missile applications (outgassing, flammability, dissimilar metals, stress corrosion, etc.)
- Knowledge of Materials and Processes for product development, improvement, design, application and production
- Non-conformance and failure analysis disposition experience
- Understanding of material properties definitions
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.