Education and Qualifications
Ideal candidate has at least 4 years of grooming experience.
- Training and experience grooming common dog breeds.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, and communicate clearly in English both in person and on the telephone.
- Must have the physical strength and ability to lift and carry a pet or other object weighing up to 35 pounds without assistance. Must be able to assist in lifting patients or other objects weighing more than 35 pounds.
- Must be able to work energetically for the entire work day. The day does not end until all the scheduled grooms for that day have been completed and the groom area is cleaned and odor free.
- Groomers must physically hold and safely restrain pets who may struggle, scratch, or try to bite. This requires the emotional ability to remain calm and compassionate with animals that are reacting to fear and/or pain.
Groomers must be able to operate equipment and use supplies pertinent to carrying out their duties, including but not limited to bathing and drying equipment and cleaning equipment and supplies.
Commission starts at 53%.
Job Type: Full-time