Foley is looking for an IT Security Engineer in our Hartford, CT location. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and make a difference. This individual should be a tech-savvy team member who enjoys assisting others.
We are a company that values technical efficiency, teamwork, candid communication and a commitment to customer service.
What are the Primary Job Functions of the IT Security Engineer?
- Recommend, install and assist with managing IT security solutions including, but not limited to, Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware, DNS Filtering, SIEM Monitoring, DLP, Patch Management, and Encryption.
- Administration of firewalls including all aspects of design, procurement, installation, and maintenance.
- Understanding of Azure and/or AWS architectures including the abilities to manage both network security and connectivity with the enterprise network.
- Perform security and vulnerability assessments.
- Respond to, and remediate, security alerts generated from monitoring systems in a timely manner.
- Recommend, manage, and perform security awareness training for employees.
- Maintain awareness and knowledge of industry regulations such as HIPAA, GLBA, PCI, etc, ensuring security solutions meet or exceed regulatory requirements.
- Develop, review, and recommend security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the design and integrity of internal systems.
- Occasionally serve as escalation point for customer support requests.
- Possess and maintain knowledge of network and server environments including (but not limited to) Server Operating Systems, Virtualization Technology, E-Mail platforms, Cloud Services, Networking and Security.
- Perform administrative duties including, but not limited to, logging hours, maintaining customer documentation, and using company-approved data entry system.
- Draft and maintain documentation of processes for internal and external use.
- Obtain training and certifications to further goals of self and the company.
- Exercises independent judgment in the interest of the company as a substantial part of the workday.
- Protects company and customer information in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What You Need to Be Successful?
- CISSP, SCCP or CEH certification preferred
- Experience/knowledge of GDPR preferred
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in IT engineering and support
- Minimum 2-3 years infrastructure administration (routing, switching, and wireless)
- Degree or certification in computer science, engineering, or a related field
- Experience with PCI security requirements a plus
- Experience with AWS cloud environments a plus
- Ability to work in a group setting and independently
- Ability to multitask and set priorities
- Excellent attention to detail and orientation toward meticulous work
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Why Join Our Team?
Foley is an employee-driven organization that regularly solicits employee feedback in an effort to create a positive work environment for our growing team. From our employee lounge to our monthly after-hours social gatherings, we give you ample opportunities to connect with your co-workers in a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
You’ll also look forward to:
- Student loan reimbursement
- Free Wi-Fi
- Onsite market providing fresh food choices
- Free onsite parking
- Flexible schedules
- Advancement opportunities
- Competitive benefits package including medical, dental and vision
- 401(k) with company match
Who Are We?
We are on the verge of explosive growth.
Founded in 1992, we have more than 42,000 clients nationwide – a number which continues to grow as we expand our service offerings. Today we sell DOT compliance programs, background screening services, and financial services to the transportation industry. Tomorrow expands from there!
People who succeed at Foley and enjoy working here are smart, fun, energetic and creative. We love to win and are not afraid to take risks and learn from our mistakes. If this sounds like you, and you’d like to learn more about the benefits of working here, we encourage you to fill out an application today. A recruiter will follow up with you shortly after to answer your questions and discuss the position in greater detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- infrastructure administration: 1 year
- IT Engineering and Support: 1 year
- Certification CISSP, SCCP, CEH