- Account Reconciliation
- Supervising Experience
The Controller is responsible for all accounting operations of the YMCA including preparation of financial reports, payroll, accounts receivable and accounts payable. This position works in collaboration with other administrative and branch staff to identify information needed to track financial activity. The Controller works with outside accounting firm to ensure completion of annual audits. The Controller provides analysis of pertinent data and offers guidance on achieving financial outcomes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
I nclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- In partnership with branch staff and the CFO, responsible for preparation of Agency budget.
- Responsible for preparation of monthly financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Coordinates annual audit and completion of audit work papers.
- Oversee Accounting staff and functions
- Works with IT to ensure Branch income information is properly captured and reflected in financial statements.
- In collaboration with appropriate staff create metrics to monitor success of strategies and prepare reports on identified indicators on a monthly basis.
- Prepare supplemental financial reports as needed
- Assist branch staff in expanding financial literacy
- Supervise Finance Department staff and ensure accuracy and timeliness of department information.
- Design and oversee internal controls to monitor and safeguard assets of the agency.
Ability to anticipate, identify and address members needs to ensure safety and enjoyment; To accurately complete all required paperwork; To professionally handle and or get help to resolve conflict; Ability to follow instructions as given and/or directed by supervisor; Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; and the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certifications / Training:
It is the Employees responsibility to maintain all certifications and renew in a timely manner in accordance with Certifying Organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands; balance, stoop, kneel or crouch; and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Knowledge GAAP and A-133 audit requirements
- Superior attention to detail and deadlines
- Knowledge of computer applications including Excel and general accounting packages
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, creative and team-oriented environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in an accounting management position required
- 8-10 years successful experience in financial management/reporting
- Strong supervisory experience and skills