It is preferred that the candidate be located in the Chicago area but will be managing IL, MN, WI and IA.
A National Construction Company is seeking a motivated, energetic, self-starter for a Regional Construction Manager position in Multi-Family Renovations. Seeking someone with exceptional leadership, communication and construction skills, computer literate and able to manage a fast paced, growing position.
The Regional Construction Manager is responsible for execution of project from inception to completion and maintains the standard of excellence established by the client, customers and competitors. The candidate will perform various coordinating tasks, selection of project staff, orienting, training, coaching and disciplining employees in assigned projects; communicating job expectations; planning, budget monitoring, counseling and implementing construction practices; enforcing policies and procedures; participate in due diligence and overall supervision of all projects in the assigned region. To succeed in this role, the candidate should have excellent time management and communication skills, as they’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines. This position reports to the Vice President.
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, ability to manage multiple projects and staff
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with site team, subcontractors, superintendents, engineering staff, consultants and owner’s representatives.
- Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Participate in Due Diligence and review material, bids, scope of work and finish package.
- Select project teams, train, communicate budgets, scope of work and job expectations.
- Gather, distribute and communicate approved design material.
- Prepare and complete action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Resolve problems, complete audits, identify trends, determine system improvements and implement change.
- Oversee procurement of local subcontractors, vendors and suppliers for bidding and execution of work.
- Schedule national vendor walk for finish package ROF and ensure company standards are met
- Attend and participate in Project Kick-off Meeting with on-site staff
- Monitor construction activities, materials selections and council on construction practices
- Monitor, and communicate the progress schedule and its periodic revisions to executive staff and owner.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with Architectural/Engineering contacts, city/county building officials, local businesses and police/fire department to facilitate successful project execution.
- Identify and coordinate all changes, potential lawsuits and communicate with Executives and Owner.
- Meet regional financial objectives by forecasting requirements; monitoring project budgets; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Ensure all Phases of each project is executed and transitioned effectively
- Attend and participate in Hand-Off Meeting
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds the contract specifications and standard of excellence of the clients.
- Create and maintain a safe/secure jobsite environment.
- Additional duties may be required through the progress of the project
Required Education, Training, & Experience
- Degree in construction management or certificate program preferred
- Proven work experience in a leadership role as a Regional Construction Manager or similar
- Minimum 5 year experience in the renovation of Multi-Family projects
- Strong knowledge of construction practices and problem-solving
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Travel will be required
Medical: Full-Time employees that meet their eligibility periods are offered a PPO plan. At this time, employee coverage is paid in full by the Company, dependent coverage is paid by employee.
Job Type: Full-time
- Construction Management: 1 year