Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
Power electronic architect
1. Works as a collaborative team member on new product development projects in R&D to deliver innovative technical solutions.
2. Applies electrical engineering principles to design complex controls system, subsystems and subassemblies.
3. Applies electrical engineering principles in the selection of sensors, motors, valves, and associated controls required for the design.
4. Executes or support feasibility studies on hardware design options to help determine optimum design solutions or to confirm system capabilities, quality and reliability.
5. Develops cost effective h/w designs to meet industry standards (e.g. IEC, NEC) and to meet customer needs.
6. Develops component and system level technical specifications to implement new product designs.
7. Build, modify and/or test complex electrical design solutions for electronic circuitry, systems, sensors and other h/w or control elements from functional system requirements.
8. Determines required tasks, durations and materials needed to complete own deliverables.
9. Prepares adequate directions to designer support personnel for generating detail models, layouts and drawings for a variety of components and electrical or electromechanical sub-assemblies.
10. Provide guidance to technicians, designers and engineering peers in the development of R&D prototypes and desing verification units.
11. Interacts with vendors, suppliers, and engineering consultants in the selection of components that comply with requirements and specifications.
12. Derives, interprets, and summarizes engineering test data. Prepares reports, charts, graphs, and other required documents.
13. Create test procedures and setups, for conducting design verification (electrical, thermal, EMC, etc.) to verify h/w performance against design inputs.
14. Prepare high quality engineering documentation (e.g. calculiations, system schematics, theory of operation, BOMs).
15. Support manufacturing transfer by identifying test requirements and apropriate test equipment and engineering tools required for production.
1. Experience with developing embedded systems hardware, including processor selection (especially ARM), LED control, minituare motor control, sensor integration and control, low power design, analog design, switching power supply selection).
2. Experience designing h/w to meet IEC, UL, IPC, RoHS, CE and other applicable standards. IEC 60601-1 desired.
3. Design experience with communication protocols/networks, including Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C, RS485.
4. Experience using electrical CAD tools electrical harness, electrical system schematic and control box designs.
5. Experience with developing user interface hardware (e.g. touch-screen units, keypads, keypad schematics, etc...).
6. Experience with powering electrical devices such as motors, sensors, user interfaces and other electronics.
7. Experience manufacturing and delivery of printed circuit board assemblies, required. Design experience with schematic capture and layout of embedded circuit boards desired.
8. Experience with reading and using schematics and component data sheets for design and troubleshooting.
9. Hands-on experience with rapid prototyping and debugging, functional verification and pre-production ramp-up.
10. Proficient with electrical test equipment (e.g. multimeters, oscilloscopes, network analyzers, function generators, logical analyzers); Enjoy being hands-on in the lab and in the details (e.g. soldering, crimping, building cables).
1. Knowledge of implementation or integration of wireless communication (Bluetooth, Wi-Fi) a plus.
2. Knowledge of video technology and video signal integration a plus.
3. Knowledge of programming languages used in embedded or test/simulation environments helpful (C, Python, etc), a plus.
4. Knowledge of use of simulation & modeling tools is a plus.
5. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures/manuals; English fluency.
Any specific industry experience
Medical life science products
Job Type: Contract