Cosnova Beauty has been the success story of the decade in the European cosmetics industry. Founded in Germany in 2001, the company has experienced rapid growth, achieving more than $450 million in retail sales in 2018. The essence brand is distributed in more than 80 countries and is Europe’s #1 cosmetics brand. Catrice is currently our fastest growing brand, quickly gaining shares across Europe. We have fostered a passionate community of makeup lovers by offering high quality, on-trend products at exceptional prices.
In 2010, essence launched in the US and has expanded distribution in ULTA, CVS, Amazon, eBay, Fred Meyer, Meijer, Harmon Face Values and essencemakeup.com. In Canada, essence launched in 2012 in Shoppers Drug Mart and expanded distribution to the Loblaws Superstore channel in 2015. In 2016 Catrice launched in Ulta and catricecosmetics.com and has expanded distribution into Canada at Shoppers Drug Mart and Loblaws. For both brands, we have an aggressive portfolio development plan and we are seeking a talented individual to join our growing North American Team based in New York City.
Title: Trade Marketing Merchandising Customer Service Temp
Reports To: Trade Marketing Manager
Brands: essence and Catrice Cosmetics
Based in New York City, New York, the Trade Marketing Customer Service Temp will help manage customer service requests for the Canadian retailers and assist in the assortment efforts in North America for both Cosnova brands. This person will help bring to life the brand equity of essence and Catrice to the American consumer in store.
This is an exciting opportunity to get on-board with a highly successful company. We are a fast moving organization that values openness and an entrepreneurial spirit. We are seeking an individual with strong communication acumen. The person who will be successful in this role is a highly motivated individual who will execute plans flawlessly, but also not be afraid to test, learn and pivot as plans change. We are looking for someone that can work independently but remain collaborative and a part of the team to drive the greater business goals.
- Retailers Customer Service
- Main point of contact for SDM and Loblaws requests/orders.
- Management of Fixture Support mailbox and fax
- Conduct calls to stores
- Communicate tracking numbers to stores/Buyer Teams/3PLs
- New Store/ Remodels and Replacement Orders
- Place all the orders to warehouse referencing fixture BOMs, seasonal kits BOMs, pictures provided by third party merchandisers
- Check pictures in the portal before/after remodel
- Follow-up and send confirmation and tracking
- Seasonal Updates
- Planograms check (IN/OUT lists, new/old inserts, v-lookups, price check)
- Placement plan check
- Marketing materials check (visuals + text strips + print backs)
- Renderings creation + presentations update if any
- Mod instructions update
- Installation Instructions update
- Product and Insert library update
- Order forms update
- RTC seasonal inserts catalog
- POG Breakdown File
- Review of Master Store List file with Sales
- Review of store addresses in SAP ole and Responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years experience in Consumer Products
- Health & Beauty category marketing: mass or prestige, preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, oral and written
- Proficient in MS Office
- Ability to understand timelines and work with deadlines.
- Experience with working with 3PL and merchandising teams, preferred: ability to manage a workflow, and improving and maintaining a good relationship with the 3PL and Cosnova.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in and with other teams.
- Demonstrates commitment, detail orientation, excellent work habits and propensity to develop skill set of higher levels.
- Creative problem solver.
- Adobe Creative Suite, preferred, to assist in designing visual renderings for all the new planograms every season.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- New York, NY 10003 (Required)
This Job Is:
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education