- Supervising Experience
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Range of Responsibility:
The Senior Internal Auditor will be primarily responsible for the following:
Other essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs complex, value added professional internal auditing work. Work involves leading or supporting the planning and execution of operational, compliance and financial audits; providing consulting services to the organization’s management and staff; providing key input to the development of the annual audit plan; and providing training and supervision to Internal Audit staff and Guest Auditors.
- Leading or assisting a team of auditors in the design and effectiveness testing of internal controls of the company’s key business controls as part of the Sarbanes-Oxley compliance program.
- Candidate must be able to function independently under general supervision with considerable latitude for initiative and independent judgment.
- Assists and/or leads as required in the planning, organizing and execution of financial, operational and compliance audits.
- May assist internal audit management with the development of a risk-based audit approach (including standard audit procedures) which focuses on significant business risk exposures, improvement opportunities, as well as financial and compliance risks.
- Assist internal audit management with development of presentation materials for periodic reporting to the Audit Committee and development of the annual internal audit plan.
- Performs and leads the execution of audit procedures, including identifying and defining issues, developing criteria, reviewing and analyzing evidence, and documenting client processes and procedures.
- Conducts interviews, reviews documents, develops and administers questionnaires, composes summary memos, and prepares detailed working papers.
- Identifies, develops, and documents audit issues and recommendations to enhance internal controls, maximize efficiency and minimize exposure to loss and regulatory risk using independent judgment concerning areas being reviewed.
- Drafts audit comments and report issues to support findings identified during field work. Obtains management agreement on control issues and commitment to implement recommendations.
- Assists corporate and site personnel with the ongoing design, maintenance and assessment of controls, including the creation and maintenance of process walkthroughs and controls documentation.
- Perform and lead periodic testing/assessment of controls.
- Provide Sarbanes-Oxley and internal controls training to corporate and site personnel.
- Develops and maintains productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Provides or assists in providing training, coaching and guidance to Internal Auditors/Guest Auditors in conducting audits, the usage of tools, and other audit-related issues.
- Performs other related work as assigned by audit management.
- As requested, may represent Internal Audit on organizational project teams at management meetings and with external organizations. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the business. Demonstrate in-depth technical capabilities and professional knowledge. Demonstrate ability to assimilate to new knowledge
- Be available to travel 40%-50%, including international travel where visas may be required.
Must also have the following demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of and skill in applying internal auditing and accounting principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing and the Code of Ethics developed by the Institute of Internal Auditors.
- Awareness of requirements related to internal controls over financial reporting as set forth by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act 2002.
- Knowledge of the COSO controls framework
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate working relationships with co-workers, staff and external contacts, and to work effectively in a professional team environment.
- Considerable skill in planning, project management, and in maintaining composure under pressure while meeting multiple deadlines.
- Advanced skills in collecting and analyzing complex data, analyzing and evaluating information, and drawing logical conclusions.
- Advanced skills using Excel, databases and other business software to prepare reports, memos, summaries and other analyses.
- Experience in negotiating issues and audit observations as well as in resolving problems with client personnel.
- Possess effective verbal and written communications, including active listening skills and skills in presenting findings and recommendations.
- Ability to motivate and lead staff to the successful execution of an audit project.
- Advanced skills in conducting quality control reviews of audit work products.
- Knowledge of or at least a familiarity with fraud, forensics, and other detection techniques and concepts.
- Familiarity with information systems terminology, concepts and practices.
- Excellent people skills and is flexible in adapting to fast changing situations.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and re-prioritize issues and tasks easily.
- Skills and experience in the use of Computer Assisted Auditing Techniques (CAAT’s), such as IDEA and ACL.
Education and Experience:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
- Accounting or Finance degree required, MBA a plus.
- 5 or more years of full-time experience in auditing, accounting or business analysis.
- Prefer at least 1 or more years of supervisory or project management experience.
- CPA, CA, CIA, CISA certifications highly preferred.
- Experience in industry auditing and accounting. (Manufacturing/inventory experiences a plus)
- Foreign language(s) a significant plus: Chinese, Spanish, French, German, Japanese, etc.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Primary Posting Location:
IRVING, Texas US
Auto req ID: