The night guest laundry attendant position must demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates. The position is responsible for assisting guests overnight, checking in and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and procedures. The position is also responsible for completing all laundry responsibilities while ensuring that all safety and security procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines for all associates and guests.
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Job function to include assisting guests overnight, checking in and checking guests out in accordance with company guidelines and procedures.
- Job functions to include processing all laundry in compliance with company standards. This includes but is not limited to treating for stains, washing, drying and folding linens, terry, blankets, bedspreads, mattress pads and shower curtains.
- Job functions to include processing all dishware in compliance with company standards. This includes but is not limited to washing, drying and packaging.
- Job function to include stocking all housekeeping carts, cart rooms and laundry with appropriate product to ensure that PAR levels are maintained through the entire building, in compliance with company standards.
- Job function to include setting up and maintaining the grab and go breakfast in accordance with company standards.
- Job function to include periodic tours of the property to ensure safety and security of all associates and guests. Report all safety and security issues directly to the manager.
- Compliance with all safety and security policies and procedures
- Assisting to clean any areas of the hotel as assigned by the manager when needed to include but not limited to font desk, associate break room, guest laundry, fitness room, vending areas, stairwells and common areas.
- Responsible for maintaining overall hotel cleanliness
- And any other duties as requested by the management team.
- Utilize the property management system to check in guests and check out guests and or provide any guest requested or law enforcement assistance.
- The typical shift for this position is 11:00pm to 7:00am*
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to read and speak English proficiently and interact with guests and law enforcement.
- Ability to read and interpretand documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to understand and follow guidelines, procedures and company standards.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in outside weather conditions and is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree( GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled