*What You Need to Know about this Job
Sales Experience or Knowledge of Exterior Building Products is a definite plus!*
As an inside sales specialist you:
- Serve as a primary showroom contact for Lansing's customers
- Provide customer service and sales support to contractors, remodelers and other building professionals
- Serve as a specialist providing information, suggestions, quotes and orders to customers from builders' and architects' plans for windows and other exterior building products
- Provide consistent and outstanding customer service to all call-in and walk-in customers by developing a thorough knowledge of all Lansing products
- Use a nationally-linked inventory management system to fill customer orders and to provide inventory control
- On occasion, may be asked to assist in the warehouse where you participate in loading and unloading boxes of building materials
This is a "get the job done" kind of position. Additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned based on the needs of the branch.
- High integrity
- Strong interest in sales and/or retail as evidenced by previous jobs or by educational courses taken
- Strong, proven customer service skills
- Ability to work well in a team as well as one-on-one with customers
- Basic knowledge of computer functions and ability to use a computer keyboard and monitor
- Willingness to tackle new challenges and new ways of doing business
- Knowledge of building principles and building products is a plus!
- Knowledge of replacement windows is helpful but not required
- Preferred ability to lift and carry boxes of building materials, sometimes weighing as much as 70 pounds. (Although this is not your central responsibility, it may be required from time to time.)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Company paid life insurance and disability
- Industry leading 401k Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid vacation time
- Health and Wellness program
Overview of Lansing Building Products
- National "player" in the building products industry . . .headquartered in Richmond, VA. . .in business since 1955.
- Well-established across the country . . . 75+ locations in more than two dozen states.
- Impressive, top-quality product line . . . varies regionally, but usually includes such products as Mastic vinyl siding and accessories, Hardie fiber cement products, and regionally strong brands of windows and doors.
- Great array of our own private-label products . . . including windows, trim coil, gutter coil and siding under the Lansing label.
- Find out more about us at our website: www.lansingbp.com.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- sales: 1 year
- Customer Service: 1 year
- Data Entry: 1 year
Required work authorization: