New Orleans, LA
Yes, 75% of the time
Potential for Telework:
Leidos is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer (SSE) to lead a small team responsible for the installation of an electronic security system (ESS) at a number of customer sites located throughout Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and southeast Texas. Work will include oversight of subcontractors on the job site while performing tasks directly related to the construction, inspection, subsystem configuration and programming, integration, testing and troubleshooting of an ESS designed to protect critical infrastructure assets and area perimeters in a highly sensitive and regulated environment. This position will work with the customer to successfully complete performance verification testing of the ESS installed. Additionally, this position is required to track equipment inventory, construction progress, risk identification and mitigation as well as other project management tasks. When not traveling, individuals are expected to perform various administrative functions as teleworkers working from their home office, customer offices, Leidos offices and or hotel rooms.
Jackson, MS or New Orleans, LA. Candidates in other locations may be considered. This position requires 75% travel throughout Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and southeast Texas.
The ESS includes intrusion detection systems (IDS), Access Control System (ACS) integration, Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) systems, Video Management Systems (VMS), Physical Security & Information Management (PSIM) system integration. ESS subsystem equipment includes but is not limited to intrusion detection technologies such as thermal, infrared and radio frequency; visible-light cameras, thermal cameras, and infrared cameras; thermal and RF (RADAR) sensor systems, and acoustic response systems. Other components include but are not limited to network switches, monitors and keyboards, camera mounts, conduit installation, copper and fiber optic cabling (pulling and termination). Work may be performed in confined spaces and or potentially hazardous / dangerous areas associated with industrial facilities. Work may include working at heights on ladders, masts, towers, roofs and lift equipment.
Required Education & Experience:
- Provide on site supervision of the ESS installation and conduct QA inspections of subcontractor work.
- Manage individual and team performance as it relates to the installation schedule and cost estimates.
- Manage individual and team performance as it relates to installation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution.
- Manage equipment inventory and track installation of ESS components.
- Install, configure, program, calibrate, test, and maintenance of ESS subsystem components.
- Strictly adhere to corporate (Leidos and customer) and industry safety requirements.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and recommend potential solutions for system errors and failures.
- Conduct work order, manual interpretation, blue-print/drawing interpretation, standards compliance and schematic diagram interpretation supervision for team(s)
- Complete and communicate red-lines and corrections to project documents such as work orders, manuals, and blue-prints/drawings
- Current valid U.S. state driver's license
- Bachelor's degree with 6 years' experience in the design, integration, and application of security, intrusion detection, video surveillance, card access and alarm systems or HS with 10+ years' experience in the design, integration, and application of security, intrusion detection, video surveillance, card access and alarm systems.
- Willing to travel up to 75% of the time
- Must be able to pass a Personnel Risk Assessment and FBI background check and CIP training.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work within and lead a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to problem-solve quickly.
- Ability to balance priorities and to thrive in a multi-customer and multi-team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of the organization and customer(s).
- Installation and programming experience with IP-based Cameras and NVRs (Network Video Recorders).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with low-voltage equipment.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Physically able to work on ladders and lift 30+ lbs.
- Recent experience designing, evaluating, or installing security systems in industrial or military facilities.
- Lenel OnGuard 7.1 ACS certification.
- Vidsys PSIM experience and or certification.
- Avigilon Control Center (ACC) training and or certification.
- SpotterRF experience and or certification
- Cisco CCNA certification or Network+ certification.
- Experience installing and configuring Virtual Machines.
- Experience working in high voltage substations.
- Experience with Doppler radar
- Experience with thermal and or infrared sensors and or cameras.
- Factory trained in other major instruction detection systems (IDS), access control systems (ACS), and or Closed-Circuit Television (CCTV) solutions.
- Working knowledge of The North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) critical infrastructure protection (CIP) standards.
- Working knowledge and experience with electricity (high- and low-voltage) standards
- Valid Transportation Worker's Identification Card (TWIC).
- OSHA certifications.
- Ability to perform site surveys to assess customer requirements, conduct vulnerability assessments, and develop/evaluate conceptual designs.
- Ability to develop or evaluate conceptual designs and security requirements into detailed designs.