Location: Columbia, MD
Hours: Monday - Friday; 12:15 pm - 5 pm
Under occasional supervision, provides lobby coverage (SSB Columbia Center) and performs reception duties by greeting and directing employees, clients and visitors, accepting deliveries, etc. Represents the company to the public in a friendly, professional and courteous manner at all times. Performs a wide variety of duties to provide general and administrative support to the Human Resources Division. Coordinates participation in regular and occasional employee recognition and/or social events.
MAJOR JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Receptionist Duties
Opens and secures the front entrance to the building daily according to schedule. Accepts deliveries and contacts the recipient as needed. Maintains neat appearance of reception area at all times, and reports any needed maintenance or repairs. Provides extraordinary, proactive, professional and remarkable client service by presenting a cooperative attitude and understanding demeanor while greeting clients, vendors, and visitors to the building. Must be friendly, responsive, courteous, diplomatic and helpful at all times. Is responsible for registering and providing name badges to all visitors.
2. Administrative Support for Human Resources
Provides recruiting support as part of the Employment Team such as calling or e-mailing candidates, scheduling interviews, preparing new hire paperwork packages, contacting applicant references, running background checks, tracking employee information, providing termination reports, verifications of employment, sending correspondence, preparing materials, completing mailings, and compiling data. Orders department office supplies.
3. Administrative Support for Employee Events
Provides assistance with certain employee events specifically, New Employee Orientation, Client Experience training and external outreach activities such as career fairs and other community events as needed. Responsibilities include registration, and preparing other materials. Completing other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
1. Work requires strong organizational skills to track multiple priorities along with excellent writing, grammar, and proof reading skills. Great interpersonal skills are needed for telephone references.
2. Two to three years of client service experience required demonstrating superior client service skills. Ability to represent the company with a friendly and professional appearance, using eye contact and providing proactive service. Ability to handle difficult clients tactfully is required.
3. Position requires intermediate level computer skills relating to Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience using standard office equipment to scan, fax and copy is necessary. Quick and accurate data entry skills are essential.
4. Work requires diverse internal and external contacts in furnishing and obtaining information to build lasting relationships.
5. Position includes exposure to information of a highly confidential nature requiring tact and discretion.
6. Work is under occasional supervision where independent judgment is sometimes required in the interpretation of existing policies and procedures and the guidelines are limited. Refers unusual matters to supervisor or other staff.
SPECIFIC PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Work requires reasonable mobility in and around the work area. Ability to use standard computer and phone systems is required.
1. Work area is located in the lobby area of the headquarters building and subject to temperature fluctuation due to weather conditions.
2. Work includes potential exposure to hazardous conditions. Training is provided to minimize the risk to the employee.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Sandy Spring Bank is an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace environment and perform pre- employment substance abuse testing.