The position is responsible for agile development projects and enhancements to our existing sales platform via Salesforce.com, as well as other custom applications, including PIR’s customer portal and workflow management system. This position is primarily a development position focused on new features and enhanced functionality but will require some administration and high-level support as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and develop software solutions, including maintenance, enhancement and bug fixing, primarily in Salesforce and including any other application as required, to meet business requirements.
- Define and develop company software development lifecycle, including required practices and procedures for software development, recommended toolsets, documentation requirements and quality standards.
- Maintain architectural plans/designs for PIR software, ensuring plans coordinate with broader architectural plans and designs.
- Develop automated unit tests and regression tests, working within the general approach of test driven development.
- Interact directly with clients, managers, vendors and end users to analyze project objectives and capability requirements, and develop specifications for user interfaces, and customized applications.
- System administration maintenance and support of internal and customer-facing Salesforce environment, related to customized applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects and workflow. May include some Salesforce admin tasks if needed.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvements in all PIR applications and systems
- Implement a flexible and proactive work process to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements and customer objectives, and innovate ways to meet mission goals successfully
- Communicate and collaborate with team members to produce results
- Create and monitor system quality control measures
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 5-7 years’ development experience required
- BA/BS related degree required, such as Computer Science or other related degree
- Salesforce certification preferred
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Experience withSalesforce Custom Objects, Salesforce data models, and development using Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce Object Query Language (SOQL) and Salesforce Object Search Language (SOSL) queries, data integrations, API development, reports, dashboards, formulas, validation rules and workflows.
- Registry or domain name related industry experience preferred, but not required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to develop requirements for applications based on user input and needs
- Experience as Java or Salesforce developer, Ruby on Rails and other web portal coding languages. Knowledge of User Interface design and best practices desired
- Expert at defining the system architecture landscape and identifying gaps between current solution and desired solution
- Familiarity with basic concepts and administrative abilities in MySQL, Oracle, Apache and related tool sufficient to perform development tasks and software and releases for non-Salesforce projects
- Ability to effectively communicate progress and manage expectations of both technical and non-technical users
- Teamwork and collaboration
Required Skills: 5-7 years of Salesforce development experience. IF we find a candidate with 3 years of Salesforce experience BUT they know Ruby Rail they would like to see them.
Required Education: Bachelor’s degree, Salesforce certification is highly preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $0.00 to $120,000.00 /year
- Oracle: 1 year (Preferred)
- Apache: 3 years (Preferred)
- Ruby: 2 years (Preferred)
- Salesforce CRM: 5 years (Preferred)
- Java: 3 years (Preferred)