COME GROW WITH US!
Specialized Medical Services, Inc. (SMS) is the nation's leading provider of oxygen, DME and respiratory care, serving over 3,000 skilled nursing facilities in 46 states. Eight of the top ten long term care companies entrust their oxygen and respiratory services to us. An immediate opening is available for a part-time Data Entry Clerk to join our team. Hours will be approximately 11 am - 5 pm on the fifth to last business day of each month, and 8 am - 5 pm on the last 4 business days and first 7 business days of each month.. Please note that the ending time during month-end billing is uncertain as the Data Entry Clerks need to stay until the day's billing is complete. This position is located in Milwaukee near US 45 and Silver Spring Drive.
As our Data Entry Clerk, you would bill supplies, equipment, oxygen and labor in an accurate and timely basis. Reporting to our Vice President of Billing Operations, specific responsibilities will include:
Successful candidates will have:
- Process billing for oxygen, supplies and equipment for each facility in an accurate and timely basis.
- Accurately enter data into computerized system in a timely manner.
- Bill facilities accurately and timely.
- Maintain billing filing system in an orderly and consistent manner.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- At least 1 year of data entry experience required.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and proficiency with 10-key calculator required.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and communication skills required.
- Ability to take initiative, problem solve, and work autonomously required.
- Good attention to detail.
- Must be able to work assigned days (last 5 business days and first 7 business days of each month). During month-end billing, no time off is allowed during this time due to work volumes.
This position includes a competitive hourly wage, casual work environment, free parking, and eligibility to participate in our 401k retirement plan with company match.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to providing a safe working environment. All offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check and negative drug screen.
We're looking forward to hearing from you!
**If you are a current SMS employee, please submit a paper Internal Job Application to Human Resources.