Christiana Care Health System, with locations in Wilmington and Newark, DE, is one of the largest health care providers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Named one of “America's Best Hospitals” by U.S. News & World Report, we have an excess of 1,100 beds between our two hospitals (Christiana Hospital and Wilmington Hospital) and are committed to providing the best patient care in the region.
Christiana Care Health System Blood Bank Services department located at Christiana Hospital is currently recruiting for a Part Time Medical Lab Scientist I. This is a Part-time 40 hr bi-weekly position. The shift is rotating Day/Midnight. Day shift is 7am -330pm and Midnight shift is 11pm -730 am. Every other weekend and holiday required.
As Medical Lab Scientist I:
- Accurately performs all test procedures as listed in the procedure manual.
- Performs and records all scheduled instrument preventative maintenance procedures.
- Follows established quality control procedures, documenting corrective action if necessary.
- Adheres to all turnaround times, documents calls as necessary, verifies critical values and specimen identification.
- Verifies completion of all stat results and all routine results in a timely manner.
- Records workload and other statistics into computer system as necessary.
- Performs assigned work safely adhering to established department safety rules and practices.
- Performs other related duties as instructed.
- Bachelors of Science in Medical Technology. ASCP Certification preferred, not required.
- Knowledge of clinical laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of infection control techniques and procedures.
- Ability to coordinate simultaneous tests and procedures with accuracy.
- Ability to use automated laboratory equipment.
- Oral and written communication skills.
**Please note that if you are contacted for an HR interview, candidates must confirm qualifications by showing proof of one of the following to proceed:
Possess Bachelor's degree from regionally accredited college/university including course in biological sciences, chemistry and math and successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Medical Laboratory Scientists program within the last 5 years
60 semesters or equivalent for an accredited institution that, at a minimum includes either 24 semester hours of medical laboratory technology courses
24 semester hours of science courses that include 6 semester hours of Chemistry, 6 semester hours biology, and 12 semester hours of chemistry, biology, or medical laboratory technology in any combination AND Laboratory training including either completion of a clinical laboratory training program approved or accredited by the ABHES, NAACLS, or other organization approved by HHS (note that this training may be included in the 60semester hours listed above), or at least three months documented laboratory training in each specialty in which the individual perform high complexity testing.
Christiana Hospital, Newark, Delaware. This 1,007-bed, 1.3-million-square-foot modern facility provides a level of care only available in large-scale teaching hospitals. Christiana Hospital includes Delaware's only Level-I Trauma center (as verified by the American College of Surgeons), which is prepared to handle the most extreme medical emergencies. In fact, it is the only Level-I Trauma center on the East Coast corridor between Baltimore and Philadelphia. Christiana Hospital has also been nationally recognized in U.S. News and World Report's Best Regional Hospitals rankings as #1 in Delaware and #3 in the Philadelphia metro area, plus High Performing in 9 Adult Procedures/Conditions. Academic medical center, Baltimore area, Best regional hospital, Community-based medicine, Community health, Clinician, Delaware hospital, Delaware's largest health system, Electronic medical records, Epic EMRs, Everest Award-winner, In-patient, Level I Trauma Center, Magnet® designation, Nationally recognized, Outpatient, Philadelphia area, Provider, Surgery center, Teaching hospital, Wellness, Wilmington, Newark, U.S. New & World Report ranking, Expert, Serve, Care, Healthcare, Respectful, Dover, Bear, Middletown, Rehoboth Beach, Bethany Beach, Delmarva Peninsula, New Castle, Elkton, Maryland, Glasgow, Hockessin, Brookside, Smyrna, Pike Creek Valley, Milford, Claymont, Pike Creek, Wilmington Manor, North Star, Seaford, Southeastern Pennsylvania, Southern New Jersey, Vineland, Millville, West Chester, Kennett Square, Swedesboro, Carneys Point, Woodstown, Salem, Elmer, Deptford Township, Washington Township, Pitman, Glassboro, Franklin