Do you find yourself being faster than your coworkers? Do you enjoy working by yourself? Do you find yourself to be self motivated? Do you like being in charge of your own workspace? Do you like a challenge? We want you!
40 Hours Per Week with Seasonal Increases.
This job description will not cover the entire job as this position wears sooo many hats. In the morning, we pack orders. In the afternoon we perform various tasks like receiving, organizing, and product packaging.
The candidate we are looking for:
Speed, quality work, and efficiency are qualities of a great candidate. Someone who likes to be very busy all day jumping from one task to another will enjoy this type of work. Most of our work is self motivated.
- Super Detailed Oriented
- Able to remember complicated tasks
- Fast Paced
- Self Motivated
Because we are small, having a dependable employee who has minimal history of calling off is very important. If you have the tendencies to call off then this is not the job for you!
We are a quiet group and most of our job tasks are performed alone. If you're quiet and don't need a lot of social interaction, you'll love this job. If your super social than the quiet atmosphere will be a hard adjustment.
- Paid holidays include: New Years, Independence Day, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas.
- Employee maybe required to work extra hours throughout the year.
Hours Nov 4th - Jan 10th:
- Overtime opportunities will also be available on certain weekends during that time (just in time for Christmas!)
- If you're reliable, you may earn a $500 incentive at the end of December for not calling off!
Main Job Tasks done daily:
- Pack orders - we have anywhere between 40 and 150 orders to pack daily. Many of these are easy (as in, slide them into an envelope), but there are some that require some careful thought because how we ship an item changes the cost of the shipment. There are many factors (weight, size, shipping speed, fragile ...) that go into how an item is packed so usually 2 or 3 orders every day are a little puzzle that, if you enjoy puzzles, will be a fun challenge to solve.
- Operate a heat press to make Tee Shirts and Sweatshirts - we sell training gear to a department of the Army. We use a heat press (a large iron) to add designs to tee's.
- Receive Merchandise + Returns (inspect, fold, bag, tag, put away, locate) - Attention to detail is important.
- Keep work area tidy, neat, and clean. (sweep, recycling, trash ...) - No one likes cleaning up after anyone else.
- Inventory Housekeeping - Combining bins, relocating goods, performing inventory counts .. There are endless "filler" tasks that can be done when all other work is completed.
Who excels at this position?
- Someone who does not need unreasonable oversight, is self-reliant and able to make decisions by themselves.
- Someone who is 100% reliable and shows up when scheduled.
- Someone who takes responsibility for their area and is tidy and organized
About Silla Brands:
Silla Brands is a very small organization. Because we are small, we rely on each other to be at work doing our own tasks to make sure everything runs smoothly. We ship a few thousand orders monthly on Amazon, ETSY, Walmart, eBay and we manage our own webstores.
*Allergy warning* we do employee a medium sized dog.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $13.00 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Orrstown, PA 17244 (Preferred)
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- 8 hour shift