Ultrasound Tech, Vascular and Echo
***Must have Vascular and Echo
- Excellent Pay and Generous Benefits including Continuing Education and Pensions
- Excellent Team Orientated Culture
- Free Gym for Employees onsite
- Employee Commissary
- "Best Place to work in Monterey County" 9 years in a row!
The Cardiac and/or Vascular Technologist is responsible for the completion of daily studies ordered. Duties include performance of cardiac and/or vascular ultrasound studies. Cardiac studies include: 2D doppler/color echo, stress echo, Dobutamine stress echo, and assistance with TEE's (intraop TEE). Vascular studies include: carotid imaging, venous imaging, physiologic arterial testing, hemodialysis access graft imaging, and Intra-operative imaging of vessels using sterile technique. Any findings are reported to the interpreting physician which is important in delivering necessary urgent care. Participation in an on-call rotation is a requisite. Successful candidate will also have the potential to pick up extra weekend on-call.
Required Experience/Skill Set:
- Cardiac echo tech proficiency must include: Adult echocardiography (following CHOMP ICAEL protocol), stress echo and TEE.
- Vascular tech proficiency includes: Physiologic testing (rest and exercise); arterial imaging and Doppler (upper and lower extremities); venous imaging (upper, lower and mapping); bypass graft imaging; GSV ablation, and carotid imaging and doppler.
- Must possess the skills to perform studies independently in at least two of the three modalities: echo, vascular ultrasound, and/or intraoperative TEE.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- 2 years acute care experience
- Experience working directly with a vascular surgeon
- Experience with stress Echo (exercise and pharmacologic) and pediatric echoes
- Experience with intra-operative imaging and required sterile technique
- Experience with digital imaging and reporting
- If a registered Cardiac ultrasound tech: then proficiency in vascular ultrasound is desirable
- If a registered Vascular ultrasound tech: then proficiency in cardiac ultrasound is desirable
- Proficiency in intra op TEE
- As needed to obtain licensure
- Must be registered by ARDMS (RVT) or (RDCS) and/or CCI (RVS) or (RCS)
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS certification required
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $46.87 to $56.85 /hour
- vascular: 3 years
- cardiac: 3 years
- ARDMS (RVT) or (RDCS) and/or CCI (RVS) or (RCS)