OBJECTIVE OF THIS POSITION
The Lead Process Technician takes full ownership and responsibility for assisting in the organization and oversight of the daily work activities of the Thermoforming Department. The Lead Process Technician is responsible for advanced troubleshooting on the thermoforming machine as well as training and supporting other process technicians.
ESSENTIAL JOB TASKS
- Performs all duties and responsibilities of Process Technician I, II and III as required.
- Follow and maintain production schedules.
- Review and maintain any required logs, check sheets, inspection sheets, and work orders.
- Provide ideas and corrective actions for ongoing manufacturing issues and processes.
- Coordinate day-to-day activities with various positions and personnel in the manufacturing department as well as with supporting department personnel to accomplish specific assigned goals and objectives.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot advanced tooling, machine and processing issues.
- Communicate any production problems to next shift Lead Process Technician.
- Train, Coach and develop Process Technicians and any other personnel in the department.
- Assist operators with job functions such as relieving machinery for breaks, and moving product to and from work stations.
- Monitors daily running of jobs for adherence to department standards including, cycle time and part weight conditions.
- Coordinate with Quality Inspector to assure acceptable quality of first article parts.
- Assure that non-conforming material is properly segregated.
- Work closely with tool room & department manager for scheduling any tool work that is required.
- Monitors machines for mechanical problems by listening for unusual noises and visually checking gears, hoses, gauges, materials, etc.
- Immediately take corrective action for any machine stoppage; notify Supervisor and request maintenance assistance in the event of serious problems with machinery of parts and assist in problem solving if other personnel are required.
- Cover vacations and personal time for other Process Technicians.
- Perform Preventative and Rohrer Productive Maintenance according to schedule to ensure equipment performance and product quality.
- Recognizes and corrects safety hazards as they are identified.
- Maintain assigned lines in a clean and orderly condition; follow all safety policies and procedures including lockout/tagout, GMP practices to meet company standards
- Participate in Lean Manufacturing Events as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
* We are searching for candidates with experience in thermoforming, preferably 2/3 years experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- relevant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more